Are countries finally going to start pushing back against China?

Here we go, an explicit promise to defend Taiwan.

“And if confirmed to the Navy, I am going to be exclusively focused on the China threat and exclusively focused in moving our maritime strategy forward in order to protect Taiwan and all of our national security interests in the Indo-Pacific theater,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/562762-navy-secretary-nominee-pledges-to-be-exclusively-focused-on-the-china-threat%3Famp

3 Likes

I do like the idea of selling the Pakistani local fish to Pakistan people.

also, there is this:

1 Like

Show the document signed by the president; or else it’s as good as nothing, as always.

Even if we do show it you’re not going to believe it.

Ok. So why not show it :blush:

Dog ate it.

1 Like

He’s gonna be hungry for sure.

From heretofore the entire U.S. military will be upgraded in order to defend Taiwan from Chinese invasion. That’s gotta count for something.

Let the US first grow a pair and start calling it RoC and a country. Then they can dream about defending it.

Those who choose to call Taiwan RoC are the ones doing the dreaming.

the RoC was a nationalist military dictatorship that lost a civil war

Taiwan is an independent island democracy with passports and a military and everything

3 Likes

Riiiight. So the entire system here. I agree !

People who think the RoC isn’t the RoC, are dreaming.

2 Likes

Sure. Just that … it isn’t !

What isn’t what?

Oh, I never said it was officially independent. That’s on you (passports, military).

You never said anything dude! Officially or unofficially

i vocalize everything i type, it is a strange habit

Some people living in Taiwan had or still have to play along and use the RoC name because not doing so gives China an excuse to invade and the US would be very angry if Taiwan forces their hand, LTH and CSB comes to mind. For those not living here, what’s their excuse?

1 Like

Puhlleeeese. That myth was thrown around by the US to save their own face.

At least respect your enemy. China isn’t waiting for DPP’s new passport design to remove RoC from it. It doesn’t need an excuse. The official name of this island is RoC - are you denying that? Have you ever seen any official document, or for that matter the currency notes on your wallet?

Even Jingping Xi must be getting a good laugh every time he sees this mentioned on forumosa

Actually, that’s the first item on the 3 reasons PRC claims would force them to invade Taiwan.

1 Like

First item on an endless list of bogus bluffs. Sureeeee

Still waiting for your proof though. Where’s the document saying the name of this island isn’t RoC but Taiwan as you claim ?

1 Like