Are countries finally going to start pushing back against China?

I was making a distinction between the mid-range models and luxury models. The latter will continue to cash in; the former, I have read, may be on their way out of the PRC, which is apparently determined to build their own cars.

I am for certain NOT an expert on this topic and I would be pleased to learn more.

Guy

Don’t reply if your not.

Apologies for offending you.

I would add that I was not aware that expert posting only is required on forumosa. If so, a lot of posts would then be removed.

Guy

3 Likes

Foreign luxury cars are a status symbol in all East Asian societies (JP, KR, TW, HK/MO and China), since they cost so much more than the others due to the import duties/taxes and generally are believed to be of better quality of domestic products.

So yes, foreign luxury models will keep selling well in China until the government put restrictions on them or start nationalistic campaigns.

China is leading EV and I think local manufacturers will dominate the market.

Riding a gas car is become more of a rarity in China

In this specific field(EV) China is dominating

1 Like

This an excellent article from Foreign Affairs

Civility, please. No rule against ignorance, thank you for educating us

2 Likes

Maybe he’s an expert in spelling?

1 Like

Honduras ends decades-long diplomatic ties with Taiwan

does it matter? i think there is going to be a lot of honduran students getting ejected soon…like real soon.

The switch in diplomatic relations is being discussed in this thread:

Guy

5 Likes

Fuck the UN… :rage:

https://twitter.com/joshiunn/status/1641567670440189952

1 Like

cUNts

1 Like

Such a scary lady. Hmm, arrives on the day Trump is indicted. What does Taiwan lady know and when did she know it?

1 Like

No one really is. just a few big dick contests for the cameras.

On repeat :frowning: the sad story that has been on display for a few decades.

5 Likes

Spelling’s ok my grammar is the problem.

That’s a big step.

4 Likes

I know this is confirmation bias for me, but yeah, I see China as overextended. They’re getting pushback from multiple angles and their collective spirit needs a win.

FAFO

Far from being astride the globe, the “China Dream” globally—China’s economic power, political attraction, and standing—are all eroding. Several key indicators reveal that, in the epic clash with the United States and the “collective West,” China is weaker than at any time in the last ten years.

Brave words and boasts are required when authoritarian leaders need to use nationalism to stay in power at home. But they need not be swallowed whole by outside observers in the face of contrary evidence, nor by policymakers trying to ensure that the new Cold War stays cold.

1 Like