Are Jews over represented when it comes to being Nobel laureates? RACE & IQ

a forumosa poster in the “Islam hate thread” bought up a somehwhat interesting point about Jews being over represented when it comes to Nobel laureates.What do you guys think? Should we try to make the Nobel prize more deverse? Should more Muslims be given a chance to win?

As of 2017, Nobel Prizes[note 1] have been awarded to 892 individuals,[1] of whom 201 or 22.5% were Jews,[note 2] although the total Jewish population comprises less than 0.2% of the world’s population

I know uploading photos is frowned upon on forumosa, but I’m using this photo to make a point.

Ashkenazic Jews are statistically 2 standard deviations above the average human IQ if I’m not wrong. Not sure why, race and iq is hard to talk about.

But honestly the novel peace prize has become such a joke and the prize has been devalued to be meaningless to me. There’s many names on there that are really head scratchers to put it nicely.

If we are going by IQ shouldn’t we have more East Asian prize winners as they have the higest IQ. Instead the nobel prize seems to favor the ashkenazic jews.

Again, I’m sorry for posting a photo mods, but it’s related to said discussion

Eric Hobsbawm wrote an article about this. Most Jewish noble prize winners come from the Diaspora and not from Israel. Because of the transient nature and persecution of Ashkenazi Jews, they were forced to excel in intellectual endeavors because society closed the door of opportunity elsewhere. There is nothing intrinsically outstanding about Jews, rather the diasporic experience forced excellence in order to survive.

Comparison can be made with the Chinese in South East Asia.

3 Likes

Ashkenazic jews are higher on average than East Asians I think. The chart only breaks down by countries not ethnic group or race.

It’s actually a subject I’m interested in. But it’s hard to find anyone willing to talk about the subject and interpret why.

You don’t think nepotism factors into this?

There were a lot of skilled trades they weren’t allowed to do, which forced them into more intellectually challenging areas. It’s also why they were so successful in finance and trade.

2 Likes

I think the best athletes in the world all can trace their DNA back to this one particular tribe in Africa.

Is there a conspiracy against none black athletes in North American sports besides hokey and baseball?

No, thats just an anti Jewish conspiracy theory. Israel doesn’t have that many Nobel prize winners in comparison with the diaspora.

Read this
https://www.lrb.co.uk/v27/n20/eric-hobsbawm/benefits-of-diaspora

I’ve always thought that East Asians ranked the higest on IQ tests, even above Jews.

Again, I might be wrong but I think East Asian ethnic groups are maybe close to 1 deviation above the average while the Ashkenazic Jews are two. Which is really significant if you talk in terms of statistics. Above 2 are statsical outliers so they are way above. But it could also be How IQ tests are conducted that are causing some of this.

There are East Asian Jews, you know.

Eh. The payoff for us Jews is all the anti-semitic shit and dark conspiratorial theories on the internet we have to put up with. And no, before anyone asks I’m not connected to the Rothschild family. Nor did I “do 9/11” or help fake the holocaust.

4 Likes

Do you think the way IQ tests are constructed factors into this. The East Asians having a character based language somehow benefits them during the test due to their greater ability to detect/recognize patterns.

There is a lot wrong with iq tests but i dont think its that. Korean isnt chracter based.

I don’t think anyone seriously doubts that the holocaust happened. I think the argument is that the numbers are greatly exaggerated.

I can assure you people do.

2 Likes

I did not know. I don’t think I’ve ever met one.

There aren’t many of them.

Could be, I don’t know enough about this to formulate much of an opinion. But I’m hoping someone can jump in with more knowledge