Are Michael Jackson jokes offensive to you?

But MJ, Bill Clinton etc. are in the public domain. Fair game. :smiley:

ā€¦so what category does the ā€œMJ likes to blow Bubblesā€ joke fall into?
Wasnā€™t it a song line? ā€œIā€™m forever blowing bubbles in the bathā€?

Iā€™m a real animal lover too, and yet I find some animal jokes funny. Not real cases of abuse, but imaginary depictions, for example, of how someone should dispose of a pet goldfish which has exploded, or how to send your cats to Taiwan (my answer was a cartoon of a cat-apult flinging a cartoon cat).

I consider myself to be a caring person, and I find many jokes, like sexist, racist, Challenger disaster, 911, tsunami, dead baby, etc. jokes to be too tasteless to tell or enjoy. MJ jokes are a cheap laugh at his expense, yes! But he deserves it. :smiley: :flog:

A friend of mine had his legs amputated for being overweight and diebetic. Because his name is Bob, some people were making jokes about what do you call a man with no arms and no legs in the water. Stuff like that.

If you go visit Bob, heā€™ll just talk about how nice your legs are and can he touch them.

No matter what you do, youā€™re going to offend somebody arenā€™t you.

There has been something bugging me about this Micheal Jackson thing and while it was quite simple I couldnā€™t figure it out till it came up in conversation in class today. I realized what it was when I heard myself say ā€œI feel sorry for Micheal Jackson.ā€ I realized that I felt sorry for him because he is so obviously crazy and I suspect that he became that way as a result of being famous his entire life. Who among us knows what that would do to a person? None, and yet so many of us so obviously enjoy making jokes at his expense. Kind of ignorant really isnā€™t it? Ignorant and scary in a way because it seems like the more that people bash him the more fashionable it becomes to do so. It is a cruel side of human nature that is not pleasant to observe.

Of course he should have been brought to task a long time ago over what went on with those kids but that is a somewhat different issue and not really a decent source of humour either.