Are most Chinese brainwashed by Communists?

Are most Chinese brainwashed by Communists?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) have long been oppressing the Chinese freedom of expression and critical thinking with intensive nonsense propagandas. To promote Chinese to think the way Communists think, they conducted a series of “reunification” propagandas for an eventual unification with Taiwan. However, mainlanders have absorbed too much CCP propagandas and as a whole, they were misled by the CCP on the cross strait issues. Here’s an example of an ordinary dialogue between a Taiwanese and a Chinese:

C: Taiwan is always a part of China.

T: No sir, Taiwan is never a part of China.

C: What? you traitor! How dare you say such an anti-Chinese thing? On behalf of all Chinese, I warn you to stop making this nonsense, or else you’ll meet you dire consequences. It’s against our great CCP law established by our great leader Mao, and we can’t tolerate any Taiwan independence.

T: Why? I’m just saying the truth. So, you tell me, why is Taiwan a part of China?

C: You chose to be ignorant; you chose to be anti-Chinese; you chose to ignore history. Go back and read history and then you’ll come back to agree with all of our honorable Chinese people.

T: No, why should I? I have my belief and you have yours. I can prove that Taiwan is not part of China and is already indepdenent. See? Taiwan has its own passport, currency, constitution, flag, military, etc. Even mainlanders coming to Taiwan have to sign a foreigners’ visa, how can Taiwan be a part of China?

C: You foolish separatist! You are against all Chinese! I urge you to stop playing with fire; separatists are leading Taiwan into war. The Taiwan separatists are creating troubles for the Chinese in Taiwan!

T: No…they are not! Why don’t you give me some reason why you think Taiwan belongs to China? Let me see your views.

C: Taiwan belongs to China and always belongs to China. This ISN"T a question. China is the mother and Taiwan is the son. Mother Dalu loves son Taiwan. According to our great leader Mao, we Chinese will do whatever it takes to “liberate” the Taiwanese, even sacrificing our lives.

T: But Taiwan is already independent…

C: The CCP never says you are independent. As a matter of fact, Taiwan is just a province of China. We said so, so be it! If Taiwan is not part of China, then why are all Taiwanese people speaking Chinese and having Chinese names? I warn you, if Taiwan wants independence, go speak Japanese or some other languages and dye your skin color to white and change your names to some English names. Don’t deal anything with the Chinese. Also, there’s no way Taiwan can be independent. Our great motherland China will do whatever it costs to fight the separatists forces and crush all oppositions that avoid us from successfully liberate Taiwan.

T: So only what CCP says counts?

C: CCP is the great; all Chinese are good people; all Japanese and Westerners are evil; whites are jealous of China getting stronger and stronger everyday, so they try their best to influence us. But as a great Chinese, we’ll unite our nationalism and patriotism together to fight any separatists foces. CCP is the only entity capable of governing China. What they say definitely counts; this ISN"T a question.

T: Ok, I can’t carry on this message anymore; I gotta go, bye.

[b]I did a survey, when it comes to the issue of Taiwan, out of 10 Chinese 7 talk like that…

Do you guys and girls think that Chinese are really brainwashed by the CCP? I mean, all those theories and/or arguments articulated by the CCP does not make any sense at all. And what surprises me is that most Chinese people talk like the CCP when it comes to the issue of Taiwan and China. [/b]

To a degree, yes I believe so. But on one hand, my personal experiences on the Mainland did not lead me to believe they demonize westerners so readily. In fact, everywhere I went I was met with a warm welcome and created some really good friendships with the locals. And this was in the CCP hub, Beijing, as well as Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Many of the youths that I met on the Mainland also seemed to not be influenced by the government. These were kids my age who enjoy Western culture and were nothing but positive about Western people. It’s my belief that it’s the old party hardliners and their just-as-old supporters who really keep feeding the propaganda machine. The younger generation doesn’t seem to buy their bullshit. At least that’s what I got from my time there.

:rainbow:

I lived in China and Id have to say that a PRC citizen with an opinion that deviates from Beijing on the issue of Taiwan is pretty rare. The govt controlled media does a thorough job of drilling their views into the minds of the masses. However, if you get off the topic of politics you meet some of the warmest and most hospitable people anywhere.

Most people are influenced by the cultural and historical narratives pushed by their governments. How we view Christopher Columbus, Oliver Cromwell, Mao Zi Dong etc… are related to our exposure and response to crafted narratives combined with personal experience.

[quote=“109”]most Chinese people talk like the CCP when it comes to the issue of Taiwan and China.[/quote]I wouldn’t say most, just those who expressed an opinion :wink:
Remember though how they were during the cultural revolution. Whatever the catchphrase was that week, that was what they espoused. Did they really understand or believe what they were spouting? Well, I’m not sure about that, but they sure changed the tune often… I figure it’s largely the result of fear of persecution. This is the party line of the moment, just go along with that and stay out of trouble.

i would think that the average chinese is no more brain washed/a product of his education than the average american.

I agree entirely, but would add that the less access citizens are allowed to ‘alternative narratives’, the more they conform to the dominant narrative of their society, so…

Maybe for the average citizen, but in China there are probably far fewer people who deviate from the views of the average.

Brian

I just think 109’s trolling.

This is how the Chinese Communists Party teach its people on why Taiwan is a part of China.

1). History says Taiwan belongs to China.
2). Most Taiwanese have Chinese ancestors.
3). Taiwanese people speak and write Chinese, also they all have Chinese names. Taiwan also have similar cultures with China.
4). Chiang Kai-Shek, the KMT chairman, stole a bunch of gold and luxurous items from China and that’s what makes Taiwan so rich today. China will not tolerate “Taiwan independence”.

It’s not just a pic, it’s a link too!

C: The idea that Taiwan is a province of China did not originate with Mao, but goes back to the late Ching. (Before that it was a part of Fujian, which is a province of China.) The KTM government agreed with this description, and the DPP has not yet dared to disagree with it. The motherland graciously allows Taiwan to continue its separate customs territory etc., out of its desire for peace and prosperity for all.

Besides language, ancestry, and history, mainland China and Taiwan are becoming increasingly interconnected economically. Economics being 90 percent of politics, it is just a matter of time before integration is complete, as in the European Union.

Would the U.S. permit Hawaii to become independent; or Britain, Scotland? (Yes they have a parliament, but that is analogous to “autonomous” status for Taiwan.) Even if majorities of the people in those regions voted for such a thing, shouldn’t the opinion of those left behind also be taken into consideration? For Taiwan to vote for its own independence would for this reason be anti-democratic, as it ignores the will of the Chinese people.

(I’ll be the devil’s advocate today.)

hawaii is independent. the US is a republic. the fifty states work together for mutual benefit on some things but on others are free to do as they wish.

communism, on the other hand is very much a centralized command structure.

the governor of missouri is a missourian. grass roots.
the governor of hainan is NEVER hainanese. such isn’t permitted by central command.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]

It’s not just a pic, it’s a link too!
[/quote] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :notworthy:
Troll 109:

my

:upyours:

“Besides language, ancestry, and history, Anglophone Canada and the U.S.A. are becoming increasingly interconnected economically. Economics being 90 percent of politics, it is just a matter of time before integration is complete, as in the European Union.”

Eh, not the best of analogies, mate. By that standard Oz and Kiwiland should still belong to Mother England (technically, Oz still is, though in all practical matters it is independent - just like Taiwan). Every country in Latin America should all bond together into one superunion by your logic. Mexico should annex Cuba. They share the same language, history, and culture, don’t they?

Mod lang:

You mean there is a difference between Aussies and Kiwis? They both talk funny and drink a lot of beer and have good manners. Unless they tell you so, you wouldn’t know the diff.

[quote=“mod lang”]“Besides language, ancestry, and history, Anglophone Canada and the U.S.A. are becoming increasingly interconnected economically. Economics being 90 percent of politics, it is just a matter of time before integration is complete, as in the European Union.”

Eh, not the best of analogies, mate. By that standard Oz and Kiwiland should still belong to Mother England (technically, Oz still is, though in all practical matters it is independent - just like Taiwan). Every country in Latin America should all bond together into one superunion by your logic. Mexico should annex Cuba. They share the same language, history, and culture, don’t they?[/quote]

Technilcally, still part of the UK… you should go and check your facts… that technicality was removed by the British House of Lords some time ago… My family background isnt English, it’s German… free settlers who had the use of convict labour… not far off slavery really…

Even the Queen of England is really a Kraut… does that make England a part of Germany?

Well, modlang, there is such a thing as the NAFTA, which is cousin to the EU, sorta kinda. Relations with Britain and its English-speaking former colonies are a better counterexample, but then, as I recall we were all protesting the same imperialism that China is shaking off as it peacefully rises. :raspberry:

[quote=“skeptic yank”]Hawaii is independent. the US is a republic. the fifty states work together for mutual benefit on some things but on others are free to do as they wish.

communism, on the other hand is very much a centralized command structure.

the governor of missouri is a missourian. grass roots.
the governor of hainan is NEVER hainanese. such isn’t permitted by central command.[/quote]
Total bollocks from start to finish. Or was that post a joke?

p.s. Please discover capital letters.

Brainwashing is an actual technique that was used by the Communist Party on people who broke the law or otherwise thwarted the CCP authority. Those who did not obey were forced to remain in a prison-like environment, were forced to stare at the floor and say things good about the Party. They had to admit all the things they had done wrong, even secret thoughts. They had to admit they were in the wrong. All this and then they could leave the brainwashing session to return to society.

According to Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary:

The KMT used similar “re-education” methods on Green Island and other facilities.