Are there Taiwanese brands you really like?

Yes, there are costs. Not that i can help you, but waiting for something is agood way to be dissapointed. i rarely am working less than.15 hour days. Probably get about 20 to 30 days “off” (meaning just customer service work and can sit down) in a year. Even now, i only have time for this site when.im taking a crap :wink: or waiting on parts, products etc. Been working like this for 20 years, and if i didnt love what i do i might as well be a drone for another company. In the end, your outcome is your responsibility. If you dont like getting undercut by china, logically you should be agreeing with me and not supporting that monster…

1 Like

I always liked Asus

2 Likes

Is the exaggerated tall nose and 紅毛 supposed to mean anything? Asking for a friend.

I buy Asus, Acer, HTC and Giant. Like whatevah said, it’s they’re Taiwan brands that are decent.

I avoid Chinese brands like a plague. The only thing I have is an Anker robovac, which I thought was German when I bought it.

I avoid Korean brands that compete directly with Taiwanese brands. I’m OK with those that don’t. I have a Samsung oven and an LG washer.

I also like German machinery, like Braun.

I became convinced that you can sell junk for a lot more money if you are a marketing genius. Just look at Dyson products. Everyday items made of the same cheap plastic but 10x the price.

I just need a silver tongued person to work with.

1 Like

2 Likes

Whisbih. :wink:

Si Si:

Tie Niu Yun Gong San

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that was available in convenience stores. That may persuade me to actually buy some … when I see it in Carrefour, and there’s a Taihu around $140, and an imported craft beer around $80-90, well, I’m going with the imported.

Unless I’m misremembering the beer? I’d like to buy more of the local stuff, but when I see it, the prices are so uncompetitive. I’ve got something of a psychological threshold where I just don’t want to pay over $100 for a beer that I’m going to drink at home.

(On tap, in a bar, no problem! Well, the problem is there aren’t any appealing bars in the Danshui area with on-tap beer, or at least none that I’ve found.)

3 Likes

I thought 台虎 is that domestic cat looking thing that’s technically endangered but gets mistaken for cats… and some less enlightened Taiwanese eats them too.

I have a superb AKAI bluetooth record deck here in UK, really good piece of kit that I link up to a soundbar.

This one

I think you mean 石虎. Never heard of them being eaten though.

Isn’t Akai a Japanese brand? :thinking:

George shoes. Nice “Air Shoes”. Super comfortable and cheap.

1 Like

For forumosan enthusiasts of this thread: you might check out UNIQLO, which has—at least at the well-stocked Breeze Fuxing branch in Taipei—a nice selection of t-shirts dedicated to well-known Taiwanese brands. I didn’t go through all of them, but the choices I spotted included Din Tai Feng, Taiwan Beer, Gogoro, and more.

Guy

2 Likes

You know this from the guitar business. There are lots of instruments made in China that for the price are way better than US ones of similar price.
Recording King are a good example.

UNIQLO is not Taiwanese, it’s Korean.

:rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Well if that is how it is, then stop talking about how “I will not support communist China” because clearly too few people care about this enough to be a viable business.

And if me becoming destitute is because I deserved it for being autistic and not Taiwanese enough but it’s not your problem because most of you make at least double what a Taiwanese would toil for (and you work what most Taiwanese would consider part time hours), shame on you.

Isn’t it Japanese? :thinking:

5 Likes

Box said made in Taiwan, umm

Your correct Doc.

I’d like to second (or thirteenth) ASUS. I have been super thrilled about both my ASUS laptop and phone that I’ve purchased in the last five years or so. Just great overall quality at a reasonable price. :+1:

1 Like