Are there Taiwanese brands you really like?

I only buy Asus or Acer computers and monitors to support Taiwan.

5 Likes

Same, plus they are actually quite decent so its not like you are getting an inferior product for the sake of supporting Taiwan.

It seems to be a good phone. Tried it, nice camera. No bloat wear. Dual sim, or extension micro SD.

Ummmā€¦that is the attitude that will take away your freedom.

So to answer your questions.

1. Lots of things arent made in China.

2. It is really that important to me, and everyone. The only difference is that yes, i am willin to pay a bit extra (it isnt 3x) in order to not support the most literal meaning of the word enemy whih is openly threatening to take away me and my family s freedoms and happiness. That should be enough of a reason right there, but i realize we live amongst sheepā€¦

3. Same as most countries, but hey are doing a Bezos and will to risk it all to gamble a take all end game. Whether it works or not, it isnt a koral one and i still wont support the fuckers ESPECIALLY because of this concept. Though Taiwan and nearly all other countries do this as well in various sectors. The fact china is willing to bankrupt regions and hurt millions to get there shouldnt impress you. It should worry you.

4. Bullshit. Things will be more expensive for sure. The issue isnt countries, it is you and me. The consumer. People get used to total waste, and as such don pay for quality anymore. This is exactly why china will concur the world, cause the average person is too f**king sellfish, lazy and dumb to figure out this most simple of realiies that are literally blasted inyour face directly by the CCP themselvesā€¦

5. You answered your own point tgere. But not only will they stral, they will oppress, starve, torture and combat everything. Very poor excuse for high margins. Companies and consumers like that are the reason for 99% of the worlds problemsā€¦sad people.dont seem to get thatā€¦

2 Likes

Hmmm I used to like some of those brands more but I guess have lived here too long and had some negative experiences with their products or company (Acer and Asus).I actively dislike 85C.

Dingguagua is a family favourite but not my favourite food. There was another Taiwanese revival brand called ā€˜Chicken Houseā€™ that stuff was really good a shame that they couldnā€™t compete successfully against KFC etc.

Giant are good for what they do.
Gogoro are a standout and wish them every success.

I donā€™t like Kymco or Sym, cheapie looking boring very polluting noisy scooters with plastic parts.

My favourite Taiwanese ā€˜brandsā€™ are now small boutique producers of tea and coffee.

My favourite Taiwanese product is Taiwan tea. My favourite restaurants are Taiwanese rechao (I think they can be a ā€˜taiwan super brandā€™).

Iā€™m also a big fan of Louisa offering quality coffee and environment at a great price.

2 Likes

:+1: :yum:

1 Like

Their garlic chili sauce is the bomb. I just love it.
They tried to revive the chain and opened a store in Xindian but it only lasted a year. The menu wasnā€™t extensive enough IMHO.

Still have a big store in Xinzhuang.

香鷄城 ę–°čŽŠé¾å®‰åŗ—.

1 Like

85C is repulsive.

2 Likes

First time saw that, what a design classic

Louisa is such a great business. Everything is good.Swear best coffee chain in the world

2 Likes

I donā€™t like their food at all except the cheesecake. :grin:
Other stuff is pretty great.

In Taiwan, 85Ā°C is associated with burnt-tasting coffee, nasty desserts and middle-aged chain smokers.

4 Likes

GIGABYTE laptops are made in Taiwan.

In many gaming laptops and AMD laptops, the most expensive components, the CPU(AMD) and GPU are made in Taiwan.

Many of ASUSā€™s laptop motherboards are made in Taiwan. It isnā€™t apparent until itā€™s cracked open. Some desktop boards are also made in Taiwan. Laptops are a mish mash of made in somewhere.

2 Likes

Yes there sandwiches and stuff are just cheap. I like their cakes, coffee, service and stores

Q Burger is my favorite guilty pleasure right now. Have not had anything not wonderful-tasting yet.

Yet.

1 Like

You know China making high quality stuff for pennies on the dollar hurts me too. I canā€™t sell a guitar for what it costs. I have to lose money to compete at all. I mean because Iā€™m not a big brand that has been around since the 1850s I have to offer everything cheap. I will always be compared against guitars made in China or Vietnam. You can buy a guitar with custom features from Taobao, made of very expensive wood, for 30,000nt delivered. Iā€™d have to work for free because that would be the cost of materials.

How many Americans have come to me and say that theyā€™ll pay me 100,000nt for an Indian rosewood guitar on the promise that I source nothing from Taobao?

Kavalan
Emperor Foods (pork chop)
DTF

The gas stations??! Cheap and loads of freebies.

How has nobody mentioned Taihu å°č™Ž yet??? Easily some of my favorite craft beer. (Although if Iā€™m being honest, I donā€™t know how much of it is purely based off the quality, and how much is because itā€™s craft beer that you can buy at 7-11 and Family Mart.)

Iā€™m also a fan of Tatung, and although I prefer the local tea shops with old men chatting away in Taiwanese I do like Ten Renā€™s tea (å¤©ä»čŒ—čŒ¶) for their consistency.

2 Likes

Guess you have some marketing issues to pan out then as it is not nearly as black,and white as you make it out to be. As do we all! But believe me, there is a market for ethical/moral/quality merchandise. and probably the market looking for good guitars cares more about sustainable forestry practices than labor rights and political measures. That said, we are talking more about your everyday purchases more than your sales, in which case you can internally come full circle in understanding both the supplier, the consumer as well as all the middle folk in between. This should give you a more rounded opinion, based on experience, on how to solve this problem rather than a more ā€œfuckitā€ attitude.

Again hard work, long hours. Pointing fingers at the rich or long standing brands will neer allow your brand to stand out and last the test of time :wink: Taiwanese have it easy now, hence the glass heart generation. Chinese do it cheap and fast and sometimes well because their hungry. Be hungry, and Taiwan will serve you well :slight_smile: Be soft, and enjoy living with your parents and complaining to your friends before you must be back home by 9:30. Success rarely is easy,a nd.its best not to bother comparing yourself to second and third generation money. Make your guitars the shit, make people want them. Probbly, bu i dont know, also dont limit yourself to just one product. Maybe make parts, other instruments. If your product is good, your attitude is good and your market yourself well, only a matter of time. Many of us are in the same boat. And hey, at least you dont need to work out in the field full sun and rain to make a fraction. Glass is half full. Make it a point.

2 Likes

For every different product I make it costs money. Money I donā€™t have.

My only choice is get a job working for Taiwanese slavers or try to last hoping something comes, be it angel investors or social impact investors.