Are there Taiwanese brands you really like?

I could name a few I think are Taiwanese, but someone would probably point out I’m wrong and they’re really Japanese or Korean. I’m not really good at distinguishing between pan-Asian brands. I guess I like those Ion energy bottles that come in all the different colors… you know what I’m talking about.

It still does.

Buckskin?

In Brussels in 1968 or something.

2 Likes

So corrupt. :grin:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of MSI gaming laptops. I bought one back when serious gamers scoffed at the idea of “gaming laptops” and I was extremely happy with it and have used MSI ever since.

I realise that now many other companies (including some Taiwanese companies) make high-quality easily upgradeable gaming laptops, and they could be better for all I know… But I’ve never felt the need to look elsewhere.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hey, no need to get @marasan’s lady friend involved.

2 Likes

Giant. ASUS… well, no, I guess ACER has a bigger base of proud owners. I liked my HTC laser II or III or whatever.

1 Like

Do you know which ones? I used to buy htc one which was amazing, but they outsourced its production and the later models were far weaker.

I have asked numerous senao and chunghua stores which ones are made here and they have all said with confidence all are made in china. I know what you will say as i am thinking the exact same thing. But if you know of new models actually made here, please tell us.

I currently only buy second hand phones because i cant understand why giving my hard earned money to our enemy that threatens our freedom is a smart idea…and most new phones cannot remove battery. Equally dumb move.

Just an fyi, i got an email this morning asking about this. MSI computers are no made in taiwan, in fact they are all made in china, as per their email.

Just for people that is important to.

1 Like

HTC U 20 5G Made In Taiwan

1 Like

Well what isn’t made in China?

If that’s really important are you willing to back by paying 3x the price for everything?

China has backed their manufacturing by providing generous state subsidies for manufacturing so they can manufacture cheaply while still paying their workers a decent wage.

No first world countries can compete with China without automating everything.

So either you’re going to have to let your ideologies go or be willing to pay.

People can spend millions of nt on research and development and without actually hiring any workers.

But you got Chinese companies willing to manufacture anything to your specification for pennies on the dollar. Provided you’re fine with them stealing your patents and technology.

That’s not the big picture.

1 Like

You mean enough for a work uniform, dorm rent and some food?

This will probably be the next Taiwanese product except food that I will buy. I don’t know if it’s better than Samsung but I do like the design.

1 Like

85°C
ASUS
Bafang Yunji
Din Tai Fung
Eslite
Formosa Chang
EVA Air (I used to like them, but not anymore)
Giant
I-MEI
Merida
NET
PX Mart
Transcend
Trend Micro

Not a brand, but this:
https://www.kthfoods.com/廣達香肉醬

2 Likes

85°C? Formosa Chang?

85°C for its availability in the U.S. where I live…
Formosa Chang is actually pretty good, just a little overpriced. It’s like the Starbucks of Lu Rou Fan – you get consistency.

1 Like