Are westerners here too spiritually weak as a group to get more rights

Not so:

One china

No can read Chinese does it make sense to you what you put

How not so?

it doesn’t make sense to me.

By my belief search, I couldn’t find any case filed to court. It could be an issue to be brought to the third court.

I’m asking because I can’t read what was posted
Therefore I have no opinion as to what was posting
A synopsis por favor ?

Google translate often does good job in these days.

1 Like

I am very confused, are you talking about some imported spouses?

The spouses I know who are married to locals had a job prior to getting married, and they would continue to have a job after they get divorced.

Although I guess some might be on a JFRV, but if you get divorced you just change it to a employment visa instead.

Exactly.

Most “Western” foreign spouses have a JFRV and then, if they are smart, change it into an APRC after 5 years. Divorce or death of your Taiwanese spouse = loss of the JFRV but not loss of the APRC. If you get a divorce or your Taiwanese spouse dies before you are able to obtain an APRC you can get an ARC based on your job. The only situation where this becomes unobtainable is if your employer is not willing to or is unable to sponsor your ARC or if you lack the proper qualifications for the job without the APRC / JFRC (ie: no university degree and are teaching solely base don your APRC/JFRV).

Divorce and death should not affect your employment and ability to maintain your income. Assets may need to be divided and a new place to live be found, but other than that, everything should be ok.

The only difficulty is when the divorce is not mutually agreed upon and one spouse is making it difficult for the other.

1 Like

Apart from all the lassies running of with the kids to live on the other side of the island. You not mention that.

My attempt based off Google Translate with corrections. I replaced Republic Years with their corresponding years in AD.

I’ll leave you to decide what you think about it.

89年2月9日國籍法修正公布後固有國籍認定採父母雙系血統主義,僅溯及國籍法修正公布時之未成年人理由如下:
After the publication of the Nationality Law Amendment on February 9, 2000, the identification of the intrinsic nationality will henceforth apply to both paternal and maternal descent, to be backdated to only to those identified as minors (under 20) at the time of this announcement for the below reasons:

(一)法治國家重視人民權利之維護、法秩序之安定及信賴保護原則之遵守,故法律原則上不溯及既往,除為保障當事人權益俾其適用最有利之法律,始得制定例外溯及適用之特別規定。
[No change from google translate] (1) The rule of law states attaches importance to the maintenance of the rights of the people, the stability of the law order and the observance of the principle of trust protection. Therefore, the law is not retroactive in principle, except for the law that protects the rights of the parties and applies the most favorable laws. Special provisions apply.

(二)為保障未成年人身分權益,爰於國籍法第2條增訂第2項規定,使國籍法修正公布時之未成年人溯及適用得以母親血統認定具有中華民國國籍。故69年2月10日以後出生者,於國籍法修正公布時尚未成年,得認定具有我國國籍。
(2) In order to protect the rights and interests of minors, the second paragraph of Article 2 of the Nationality Law is added, so that minors at the time of amendment of the Nationality Law can be found to have the nationality of the Republic of China. Therefore, those born after February 10, 1980, have not yet reached adulthood at the time of the amendment of the Nationality Law, and have been determined to have Chinese nationality.

(三)至父為外國人,母為我國人者,於國籍法89年2月9日修正公布時已成年,如溯及使渠等具有我國國籍,恐影響其身分之安定性及因國籍身分變更衝擊相關權利義務,且屬上揭情形之人數無法估計,影響程度難以預估。
(3) If the father is a foreigner and the mother is a Chinese, and is an adult when the Nationality Law was amended on February 9, 2000. If law is applied retroactively to consider such people as ROC nationals, the identity change may impact tge rights and obligations of such individuals, and the number of people who are in the above situation cannot be estimated, and the degree of influence is difficult to predict.

Nope. Westeners. Foreigners.

I would like to make a survey. Salary wise, career wise, for many coming to Taiwan is a disadvantage, a loss.

Add the legal rights problems and certainly people are not given a complete real picture of how hard it is to make it here. Taiwanese do not have the patience nor the knowledge to understand this and that leads to marital conflict and break down of families.

You could call them imported in terms of meeting and marrying abroad then spouse saying they would be better off in Taiwan… True, I have seen less cases of marriage kaput if the foreigner was independent financial and emotionally before but not as a given.

6 Likes

Or the spouse saying we would be better of in Taiwan then on arrival and a few years here, saying you’d be better off in your original country after everything is in the spouse’s name in Taiwan…

3 Likes

Yes moving to Taiwan…Better off…hmmm.

1 Like

Well it means they want to be near their family and not you or me as an individual would be better off.:smiley:

Now I have a good income after striving for many years but I’m still not sure I’m better off overall.

Probably not but if you never came here you wouldn’t be the same person. Well that line of thought makes me feel better anyway. I’d definitely have way more income in Britain。 That shocks most Taiwanese as they presume I must be here as I made less in my home country or was on the dole…The good come back is that being on the dole still pays better than a Taiwan average salary lol. I know a guy that used to live in Taiwan and has now been on sickness benefits in the UK for a few years and has saved 10K British pounds. I’m always waiting for the reply “GTFO Taiwan then and go back home” but it hasn’t come yet!:heart_eyes:

:grin:

1 Like

Pro tip.
Move to Ireland and claim benefits there. Much better than UK except if sick .

Late Granddad from Waterford. That place they make the crystal you can see being sold on Hsing Yi area.

1 Like