Arkansas Diner

:roll_eyes:

As my hometown is 20 miles from the Missouri Border (head up on Sundays to buy beer) and there’s a town in Wayne County Missouri named after my Great Grandfather, I can live with this comment. lol

1 Like

Is there one in Taipei ? I want to go.

No. It’s just for us k-town folk.
But you guys get Baba Kevin’s, so there’s our trade-off I guess.

2 Likes

What’s that ?

2 Likes

Thanks , that looks smokin good. I’ll have to try it.

14 posts were split to a new topic: From Arkansas

It’s better deal in Kaoshiung (NT$), those process in Taipei look high for 2kg takeaway,

2 Likes

I just went to Arkansas Diner. I bought a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Tater Tots and a biscuit with honey.

The Tater Tots are really good. Extremely savoury in flavour and were not bland. I tried them with ketchup, but found that they didn’t need masking.

Buffalo Chicken was next. The exterior looked deceptively dry, but was extremely tender and flavourful. I found that the combination of cooking and sauces used brought out the flavour in every bite. I found the chicken mildly spicy, adding a good kick without being overwhelming, although some sensitive to capsaicin might find it a bit much. The flag on top of the sandwich was a nice touch.

I think the biscuit is well complemented with the honey and offers a great combination of butter and sweet flavours. It was nice that I didn’t find it extremely dry like the ones Tim Hortons hands out. Tim Hortons might as well hand out hockey pucks because I almost broke several teeth on one of those. There were many choices for biscuits, like gravy, so I’ll have to try out other flavours to get a benchmark.

I found the decor to be extremely well-thought out with myself forgetting that I was in Taiwan for a moment. Little details like playing fishing on TV really set the mood. It’s definitely one of the rare gems of western food done right in Taiwan.

Milkshake was something I would expect from a US-styled restaurant. I found it moderately thick with chocolate bits in it. A nice touch.
You don’t have to get all the extras like I did. The sandwich was filling on its own for a good price of $210. But I wanted to try something new.

I enjoyed myself and I’m now off to go chase politicians, because who needs a girlfriend?

Would recommend. 10/10

6 Likes

Looks fab. You’ll definitely have to put in a couple more hours on the treadmill this week, though.

1 Like

Nice photos, I am south of the café watching the huge protest south of there (photos on another thread)

@Hanna I have lots of hours I need on the treadmill what’s a few more?

Looks great! Be there tomorrow if they do dinner. If not, monday breakfast it is.

Did you go, and how was breakfast?

That biscuit looks huge! :star_struck:

If I remember correctly, I would estimate it to be about five or six centimetres long.

It’s a good place. He knows how to cook. I’ll definitely be back.

Try it if the menu looks appealing.

I can’t imagine knowingly going someplace that serves tater tots.

American culture doesnt match your cuisine preferrences then haha.

@DKaoshuing no i didnt go that time. Iwas all over tainan/koahsiung and pingdong working so the only chance i had was with mother in law and she was dead set against it.i will be there in 8 or 9 days again and will go alone regardless as i really would like to try. Always walk by with family and see the sign so really curious. We are there the week before CNY and i will surely be checking it out then!