Arkansas Diner

They are delicious. Nothing like the ones mama used to warm up.

Just FYI, they are on UberEats, so if mom-in-law is being a pain in the ass you can always say “Mama, I have headache. I will stay in hotel (or wherever you’re staying) and rest” and then order it on the sly. :wink:

Hehe. Ya. But i would rather go in peraon and sit down. I have no issues telling her no, she just really wanted to eat together and didnt want that type of food. Gotta pick my battles :wink:

Craving me some taters now

1 Like

Yes, going in person (if you can) is better. And know one will know you went there, if sent the food to your in in laws home, yo maybe will get some not good comments.

Did you try Uber eats, was it the same as sit down?

Pretty much. Obviously if you live far away then some items might be a little colder or bread a little soggier by the time you get it, but that’s true for everything you order on Uber Eats. The only other thing is they don’t put their specials on Uber Eats, only their permanent menu.

1 Like

Then it’s definitely not the same. Their Harold burger (some amazing pulled pork thing that they then BBQ or grill or fry or something) is amazing, and it’s a special. They do have a different pulled pork burger on the regular menu.

Also don’t miss the pies.

Edit: just read on their site they close today temporarily to move to a new location at the end of the same road. Reopen May 1.

This is REALLY close to my daughter’s university. We were this close to going yesterday but the Taiwanese in-laws balked. Oh well, another day…

1 Like

I wonder if I teach at your daughter’s uni… :thinking:

(But if you mention the name, I won’t confirm or deny here)

English name starts with a W?

1 Like

I think that could basically only be one university :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wa Uwan Alern Budi

KMU?

They were closed today at lunch? So went to the Korean Place which was good and cheap. Anyone know is they not open, or schedule change? They used always be open for lunch.

They have a new location just down the road. Google maps is current, but may not be if you saved the old location

Went for visit. Bigger it seems , main eating hall on the 2nd floor.

3 Likes

Yeah, new location is much bigger.

Unfortunately they’re no longer on UberEats. :sob:

1 Like

That bacon… proper!

1 Like

I will have to ask why? Some items in the 1st floor lobby are made for take away (Apple pie) and work well.

I heard he (like many restaurant owners) opted out of UberEats due to them taking too big a percentage of each sale. Understandable. This is a problem I’ve heard about before.

I think he may have signed on to some fledgling new delivery service run by some local expats, but I don’t know how secure or efficient it is and not really keen on signing up and giving over my card information.