Article deconstructs Asian fetish (well, sort of)

For crying out loud, can you please get off your high horse and stop preaching? What kind of argument is that anywaz telling people to learn how to read? Your Fred Smith quote is equally lame.

Since you’ve been in Taiwan for oh so long you probably will understand this: ni zen mei yi si :unamused:

Honestly, I like how it’s fair game to stereotype Asians and accuse Asian men of having a white fetish but the other way around is a big no no. Hypocritical much?

Oh and yes, I “speak only for myself.” Good for me for sharing my opinions. Now I bet you’re going to tell me I should learn how to read and a bunch of other BS.

I don’t remember reading anywhere on here where all asian men have been stereotyped as having a white fetish. I’m sure there are some asian men with this fetish and no one here is denying that there are westerners with asian fetishes either.
Why are people getting so emotional over this?

Hey man, ease up, we’re not all capable of interpreting bolloksed pinyin! That’s an especially talented skill set you got happening there. But it is cute you managed to squeeze off a Taiwanese accent into a mainland romanisation. :slight_smile:

HG

Caucasian Women’s views on Asian men pretty much sums it up.

Actually I’m past emotional and really in the I couldn’t care less stage. I just think some people need a kick in their pants called reality.

And thanks Huang Guang Chen :smiley: I wish my Mandarin teacher appreciated my Taiwanisms just as much!

If you want to bend over, I’m ready to kick :slight_smile:

Haha very funny :whistle:

Honey, you’re the one preaching.

Well, if people make statements that do not jive with what has been posted by others, it leads me to believe that they either do not have good reading skills or they didn’t read carefully.

That FS quote is right on the money.

Try writing it in Chinese characters and I’ll probably know what you’re trying to say. OK, I’m just kidding… I know you are trying to write, 你真沒意思…

I couldn’t care less if you want to stereotype white men. Let’s just not pretend that white men have some monopoly on creating stereotypes. Talk about being on a high horse. Hypocrite? Yeah.

No. I’m just going to state again that I think this subject is a stupid one. Big deal… some men have stereotypes about some women. So freaking what? And you are the hypocrite, honey. You are the one stereotyping the “Asian Psyche” as though all Asians share an identical mind set.

Now, please… stop prancing around like some mindless caricature of an outraged sophomore. :wink:

Really? And which views would those be? Do all caucasian women view Asian men the same way? I think you’re up to your stereotyping ways again.

That’s quite funny.

:unamused:

Stop calling me honey already. Hypocrite I can take. :smiling_imp:

Sweetie? :slight_smile:

Oh and about your FS quote. That’s YOUR opinion. It’s still MY opinion that it’s stupid. But hey, I only speak for myself right.

Shame on me and my stereotyping ways! :flog:

Sweetie? I thought we agreed I am “unique” no?

I think you are uniquely sweet. You haven’t agreed until now… I think. Anyway, you keep complaining that I (as a white man) have stereotyped you as an Asian woman… yet, you’re the one talking about some “Asian Psyche” as if it is some one-ness shared by all Asians… So, please tell… Is there one Asian Psyche? And if yes, are some white men wrong to stereotype Asian women?

:s

Like a lot of topics on here it’s probably hitting too close to home I reckon. I’m thinking they should create a protected class & occupation section in the rules and regulations to make it easier for newbies or people who cannot read between the lines.

trebuchet was right on the mark. you can’t say this applies to no one, and even if it only applies to 5% of white guys who like asian girls, it’s worth discussing.

haven’t you ever asked yourself the question: am i normal? i asked that question with an open heart and was willing to accept the answer. that’s why i ran across this article and posted it.

introspection. discussion. wonderful things, don’t you think.

Why is it worth discussing?

Yes, everyone knows that some people have certain fetishes. So what?

What is the goal of discussing this “issue”?

What the heck is “normal”?

Another stereotype?

Add nauseum, a pinch of bored and boring and even a shit sandwhich is worth eating if you are hungry enough I suppose.

so what then are we FUCKING ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ON FORUMOSA??

We are discussing it. We are discussing the worthlessness of the topic.

If you think its a worthwhile topic, I’d like to know why you think that.

Discuss?

Why are you calling it an Aisan “fetish?” That’s just shite.
Someone choosing Lucy Liu over Charlize Theron is exercising a preference, that’s all. And what on earth is wrong with that?
If someone else chooses Charlize Theron over Lucy Liu does that make him a blonde fetishist? Or an anti-Asian? Of COURSE not. Your whole premise is built on sand.
A fetish is where someone would choose the 55-year-old toothless chicken butt vendor over Carmen Electra because she’s Asian while Carmen is not. I’m quite sure there ARE such people around, but they’re probably so few and far between, studying them is not really going to add much to the knowledge pool.

But then, a thesis titled “Deconstructing the Fact that Different People have (who’da thunk it?) Different Tastes” would probably have not been approved by your professor.

“Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” is also a much better title than “Gentlemen are Blonde-Fetishists.”