Asian American communities stand up amid string of violent attacks

More NYC Trumpist white supremacy on display.

giphy

Some Asians in the neighborhood will organize a protest. 40 people will show up, with 7 signs. The local city councilwoman will make a speech about standing with the Asian community. The lying press (NBC/CNN/MSNBC) will ignore it.

2 Likes

If someone did that to my mom/wife/daughter, they better hope they get kept in jail. What the fuck is wrong with people?

1 Like

more news

1 Like

Donā€™t judge a book by its cover does not ring true in this case. That is one masochistic tattoo job.

In some cases, just a couple of thugs responsible for a number of the attacks.

Zajonc, whom police arrested March 2, is accused in a three-hour string of attacks targeting Asian women on Feb. 27.

Police said Zajonc punched or otherwise hurt his victims, who were ages 19 to 57, without provocation.

ā€œAs alleged, within just three hours, Steven Zajonc selectively ambushed seven Asian women in separate assaults, some of which he struck from behind ā€” for no other reason than their perceived race,ā€ Bragg said in his statement.

According to the San Francisco District Attorneyā€™s office, 37-year-old Derik Barreto is the man responsible for more than half of all reported hate crimes against the API community in San Francisco last year.

This didnā€™t make any of my news feeds, but an anti-Asian racist has been arrested for a mass shooting:

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually a well-established pattern in any type of crime (say, a minority of rapists commit a majority of rapes).

Authorities say the gunman, who was born in China but is a U.S. citizen, was motivated by hatred against Taiwan.

:thinking:

1 Like
1 Like

This must be over a year old. Is there an update or something?

1 Like
2 Likes

Sad to see news like this, not very free if you can go where you want.

Not today!

5 Likes

Nice to see thereā€™s still good Samaritans out there.

Ended up feeling sorry for the bad guy because he was obviously young and not exactly an experienced criminal.

Play stupid gamesā€¦.

The Asian guy handled it well. Relaxed and wasnā€™t looking for a fight. But holy shit.

Ouchā€¦ donā€™t know if I would call that self defenseā€¦

And the way he threw him down. Fuck. Expected a victim, met John Wick.

Yea, that part sounded like a mic drop. It looked like he finished him off too.

The stabbed guy is 17 years old. Not sure on his condition now.

I was scared for my life,ā€ Nguyen told The Post on Friday. ā€œWhen they came in, one of them had a bag in front of him like he had a firearm or something. I didnā€™t have much time to think. I grabbed my knife right next to the register.ā€

He knows what to say.

1 Like