Asian American communities stand up amid string of violent attacks

It’s a small sample size from a single source. It would really take a larger scale and broader effort to get anything meaningful out of it.

Preach, sister!

4 Likes

Salsa dancing is cultural appropriation, I’ve asked that question for half a decade.

It’s only cultural appropriation if you can’t dance.

I don’t know what the point of her tirade was, other than bashing individual staff members.

There are hardly any black people in Canada (aside from Montreal).

The perpetrator was let out of prison early:

There is no culture war. I never mentioned anything nearly close to war. That’s again something you came up with, don’t know why, don’t know what triggered you.

So you’re just saying what many people are saying? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This would be a good post for a thread about asians standing up amid the destruction of US schools.

Thanks for your fascinating contribution to the conversation…

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Glad I could inspire you.

All of these horrible white racists, putting on “minstrel show” blackface makeup to go out and assault Asians. Obviously.

https://t.co/dZHe5Op9DZ

They can’t possibly really be black because black people stand in solidarity with all other victims of white oppression.

3 Likes

Well, there was that Spanish guy who got stabbed in the chest for surfing while non-Taiwanese.

So, roughly proportional to the 55.9% of murders committed by blacks?

If only 13.4% of the population reduced their level of violence down from the 55.9% of the murders and other violent attacks that they currently commit. . . . Why, that would be a 42.5% reduction in crime, approximately!

That wasn’t because he was a foreigner. It was because he cut the fisherman’s line. It’s an altercation.

Wow I thought you were exaggerating those numbers…guess I was wrong

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

Yeah, it’s almost as if… mainstream western media outlets have engaged in deliberate, concerted deception on this issue for the past 10 years.

1 Like

Nope, IIRC I even provided a link to the same source (FBI UCR, although maybe to a different page of it) the first time I posted that.

Yes, that it what it seems and strange.

Random attack on Taiwan girl by homeless person yelling “take off your mask”. No definitive info on if covid mask related or Asian hate crime. Maybe both or neither.