Asian fixation or men just being men?

Absolutely spot on, Mr Rotalsnart!

At various other times in my life, I have waxed similarly lyrical about, among others, the ladies in France (when I stayed there to improve my French in my mid-teens, and was absolutely smitten by the girls I saw and met), the ladies of all races in Malaysia (when I stayed there for a few months in my student years), the ladies in Thailand (when I lived there for a while in my early 20s), and the ladies in the USSR (when I idled my way through there en route to Taiwan).

And how is this a problem?

IMHO it is simply a cultural difference. Asian woman tend to be more submissive than Western woman. They always try to please their husbands/boyfriends (at least in my experience, and I am married to a Taiwanese).

There is nothing wrong with this. I treat my wife very well and respect her.

The winging is the the usual PC crowd looking to make an issue where non exists. :ohreally:

Seriously how is it PC? In the real world, 9 out of 10 times when a man living overseas writes or says what Omni did his meaning is clear: the women back home are ball-breaking bitches. Just like 9/10 times when someone praises a place for its landscapes or its food or whatever they usually follow it with a slam on home goods. That’s just the way things are.

That omni is the exception is clear to us who know him. The OP merely made a mistake in judgment. If it was Winston Wu who had posted the exact same words we would have praised the OP because we would have all understand the subtext and enjoyed the put down.

[quote=“Tigerman”]

I quoted the guy in my reply… TG’s interjection was irrelevant to my point… Whether the OP started the thread or the thread was split, the OP did raise the issue and make the criticisms. My question re why ask the question was meant to mean why raise the issue? if indeed the OP adheres to the “To each his own, I suppose.” notion?[/quote]

Only the OP can answer that. I was just pointing out, for the sake of clarity and fairness, that he didn’t start a thread over it.

Seriously how is it PC? In the real world, 9 out of 10 times when a man living overseas writes or says what Omni did his meaning is clear: the women back home are ball-breaking bitches. Just like 9/10 times when someone praises a place for its landscapes or its food or whatever they usually follow it with a slam on home goods. That’s just the way things are.

That omni is the exception is clear to us who know him. The OP merely made a mistake in judgment. If it was Winston Wu who had posted the exact same words we would have praised the OP because we would have all understand the subtext and enjoyed the put down.[/quote]

I must admit I have not read the post in to much detail.

My point is that to many, saying Asian women are submissive or men pleasers is not pc. My point is that this is more of a cultural tradition.

Asian women are submissive huh? Maybe I’m in the wrong damn Asian country then

I do believe I said IMHO. But I really think they are more feminine, than western woman. Ok, I said it. Break out the firing squad. :bicker:

I do believe I said IMHO. But I really think they are more feminine, than western woman. Ok, I said it. Break out the firing squad. :bicker:[/quote]

I especially love it when Asian women spit as they walk down the street. Tres feminine. :laughing:

Luckily, I have not been intimate with any spitters. :whistle:

Perhaps, but if we dealing in general cultural traits then it isfair to say the spitters outnumber the non in Asia.

Subtle! Although I have know a few Western woman that always spit.

Welcome to Taiwan SolidChamp! May your experience here be better than the one you had in Korea. Good luck! :bow:

[/quote]

Because local women aren’t all one-dimensional men-pleasers, I’m guessing. I could be wrong.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]And back to Arteta:

Quite apart from anything else, if you’re partial to slender-bodied, perfectly proportioned, wispy-waisted, shapely-limbed, pert-breasted, silky-skinned, sparkling-eyed, gentle-natured, sweetly affectionate, eagerly pleasing, warmly considerate, lovingly attentive, sexually passionate, glowingly radiant, flawlessly feminine, entrancingly alluring and breathtakingly gorgeous young women, then you’re sure to find pleasure for all of your senses in Taiwan.[/quote]
If i were a man, thats the kind of woman i would want to be with. Taiwanese or not. Its that simple, really. Whats the big deal? :ponder:

[/quote]

Because local women aren’t all one-dimensional men-pleasers, I’m guessing. I could be wrong.[/quote]

Well, Omni’s problem is that he’s thoughtless and insensitive, but I think by carefully reading and meditating on the OP’s posts, Omni might be able to make progress on that score, provided he’s teachable:

[quote=“SolidChamp”][quote=“PapaAzucar”]In case you have not noticed, it is mostly white males that come to Taiwan to teach English.
My guess is that they have “yellow fever”. :roflmao:[/quote]

This is what my wife and I have noticed in the past five and a half years that we’ve been living and traveling in Asia (with Korea being our place of residence). Taiwan seems to be no different.

[color=#000080]Asia…the white guys come for the jobs, but they stay for the pussy.[/color][/quote]

It just doesn’t get more thoughtful and sensitive than that. I wonder if the OP would be willing to mentor Omni?

[/quote]

Because local women aren’t all one-dimensional men-pleasers, I’m guessing. I could be wrong.[/quote]

Well, Omni’s problem is that he’s thoughtless and insensitive, but I think by carefully reading and meditating on the OP’s posts, Omni might be able to make progress on that score, provided he’s teachable:

[/quote]

Well, whether Omni’s post really did imply that local women are one-dimensional men-pleasers is still up for debate. I was commenting on bigduke’s failure to see any problem with viewing local women in that way.

Oh Odin! Another thread demonising the evil white man preying on hapless Taiwanese females with the odd expat lady jumping in to confirm the fact (although, to be fair, you ladies were fairly fair in saying that we’re not all like that). As someone said earlier, there are douchebags and cads of all races and creeds everywhere doing douchey things everywhere. As for women, some of them can be pretty douchey too.

On another point mentioned in this last page, I don’t think Taiwanese women are specifically submissive. I feel they pretty much rule any relationship or marriage, but give their man face in public and/or let him think he’s ruling the roost. That said, they do try and please their partners more often than I’ve experienced from other cultural groups, but that may have more to do with family dynamics etc than anything else.

And if South Africans in South Africa can say things like, “Jissie, but our girls are maar the prettiest girls in the world, hey?”, why can’t we who have made our lives here espouse the same towards our wives, gfs or Taiwanese women in general? Are we only allowed to love things about Taiwan that don’t include the female population?

And on an aside, ladies (btw, the constant "this is why we have a women’s forum BS is getting old - I still feel it’s sexist as their are things I would like to discuss, but don’t, away from the “judgmental” eyes of the female posters, yes, judgmental, as some of the posts in this thread have proven IMO), why the insecurity over Taiwanese women always? If sop many guys here are cads, why care? And the guys who aren’t, I know many of them who prefer or do go for foreign ladies. But haven’t we been over this topic a million times before?

Disclaimer - This has been a bit of an early morning rant after a few beers. I love and respect our female posters, and I do realise they’re also just voicing their opinions on what is almost always a contentious subject. No offence meant or intended.

Taiwanese girls are NOT submissive in the least bit. They are expert MANipulators .
They always have their men under firm control eventually.

They are sly and cunning and make cunning linguists out of you. Demand a lot of attention and require a lot of upkeep.

But man alive, my heart skips a beat every 30 to 35 seconds on any MRT car each time im on one !!

SExy , seductive little beasties they are . They WILL have you wrapped around their little pinkies in NO time.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]there are no right and wrongs about our choices as long as those choices do not breach the prevailing rules of social morality as enshrined in the law (i.e., no pedophilia, necrophilia, incest, bestiality, et al).

[/quote]
Bloody killjoys. Bloody everywhere these days. :fume:[/quote]

:wink:[/quote]

Way to fail at posting an image.

[quote=“914”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]And back to Arteta:

Quite apart from anything else, if you’re partial to slender-bodied, perfectly proportioned, wispy-waisted, shapely-limbed, pert-breasted, silky-skinned, sparkling-eyed, gentle-natured, sweetly affectionate, eagerly pleasing, warmly considerate, lovingly attentive, sexually passionate, glowingly radiant, flawlessly feminine, entrancingly alluring and breathtakingly gorgeous young women, then you’re sure to find pleasure for all of your senses in Taiwan.[/quote]
If i were a man, thats the kind of woman I would want to be with. Taiwanese or not. Its that simple, really. Whats the big deal? :ponder:[/quote]

I’d have thought it’s that simple, too.

But according to some people, recognition of a person’s attributes constitutes “objectifying” them. So if I remark that a lady has twinkling eyes, a warm smile and a sunny nature, I have apparently demeaned her in some way. Something about it treating them as an object or thing instead of a person. That seems to be what they’re suggesting, as far as I can make out. No, it doesn’t make any sense to me either!

And since I assume that it works both ways, a lady friend of mine would not be allowed to say that I have a firm chin, a manly gait and a gentlemanly manner, because that surely be offensive to me – though I can’t for the life of me work out why it ought to upset me.

Ah, but if only we could be allowed to keep things simple, so that saying complimentary things about another person is nice, and saying uncomplimentary things isn’t nice. That would make communication and social intercourse so much easier, free from fear of offending when we simply wish to praise.