Asking your GF to be tested without making it an ultimatum

[quote]Hey SandMan its JD

[quote=“derek1978”]

[color=darkblue]Hey Namahottie its SandMan

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“derek1978”]

[color=darkblue]Hey Namahottie its SandMan

[quote=“Namahottie”]Let her know that having regular pap exams are very important because they can detect problems that are not visible. Every woman who is menstrual should, especially sexually active should be getting yearly pap exams because they help detect changes to the cervix. Age doesn’t make a difference when it comes to this. For example, she could be a carrier of HPV a virus that causes gential warts. Many times the warts are not visible on the skin but they are on the cervix. Should this go untreated it can lead to cervical cancer, which can be an aggressive form of cancer.

Also pap/cervical exams help detect any abnomalities with her menstrual cycle. Assuming that hers is affected by her anemia, it could be she has fibrods.

But I’m not a trained professional. Just a slight health nut when it comes to women’s health.

I understand in taiwan, wishing for good health is a sign of love. Let her know that her health is top priority for you. That good health comes from maintaining the body before the damage is done.

Best of luck

:rainbow:[/quote]

Good post, but one correction. Cervical cancer is actually a slow growing cancer. That’s why the recommendations to health care providers are that healthy women with no history of abnormal pap smears can get a pap done once every THREE years instead of annually. Of course, if you’ve EVER had an abnormal pap smear the guidelines suggest YEARLY exams. If memory serves me, it takes 7-8 years for cervical cancer to get deadly/metastatic.

Bodo

Maybe if you’re a kid, but once you hit 40, they want most everything done annually, and for good reason.

Actually, most guidelines suggest annual screening starting 3 years after first sexual intercourse or at age 21, whichever comes first. After age 30, less frequent screening could be considered for women with 3 consecutive normal screens or if a liquid-based test is used. Here’s a summary of some of the guidelines on cervical cancer screening: cdc.gov/std/hpv/ScreeningTables.pdf

BTW, the types of HPV that cause genital warts are generally not the high-risk types most commonly associated with cervical cancer.

Disclaimer: I work for a company that’s involved in Pap testing and HPV testing. Read at you own risk. This is not to be considered medical advice. No warranties implied. Seek advice from your physician. YMMV. Etc.

He’s from Oregon, which is the Beaver State :astonished: , BTW.

Get with the program and get it right.

Sandman is evil cult.

:wink:

Do you suspect your gf is (or was) cheating on you, or why would you ask for a test after (supposedly?) having sex with her for so long? If she had any STD going into the relationship you would have got it by now anyway, so what’s the point?