Asking your GF to be tested without making it an ultimatum

Hey Derek, you think your exposure of your girlfriend is cool? Why not show her this thread and the other one you started about her, telling her that you and she will be meeting a lot of these strangers in real life very soon. Then ask HER if she thinks it’s cool what you’ve told us about her.
I’m guessing she won’t be altogether happy with the situation.

[quote=“sandman”]Hey Derek, you think your exposure of your girlfriend is cool? Why not show her this thread and the other one you started about her, telling her that you and she will be meeting a lot of these strangers in real life very soon. Then ask HER if she thinks it’s cool what you’ve told us about her.
I’m guessing she won’t be altogether happy with the situation.[/quote]

I don’t see how everyone is coming down so hard on Derek about him asking IMO a reasonable question. Of course, he probably didn’t ask her for permission to post here, but what’s the difference btw him posting here as oppose to him talking about it over beer with his friends, who haven’t met her and will eventually in the future?

I think it was Dragonbones, who posted about his wife/SO’s menstrual cycle and never saw any judgement made about that.

What’s the point of having Forumosa that is not only for people to discuss life here but also to find out information?

The differences are that friends can normally be relied upon to keep their mouths shut.
And that Derek’s divulgings are here in print for anyone and everyone to see, including Ms Derek if she should so choose.

Actually I think that was Mother theresa.

Dear dear derek. It doesn’t matter if we’re judgemental or not. It’s not about my opinion of you and your girlfriend.

I’m just trying to warn you and say that I don’t know any woman who wouldn’t take it against her bf if she found out he was posting all this here.

[color=brown]There are other ways of going about it and your way is just way, WAY too personal. [/color]

But that’s just my opinion. And the only reason why I keep warning you is because I think you’re naive but mean well and you need some warning. You don’t see me going around warning anyone else do you? No.

You go ahead and do as you please, of course.[/quote]

Again, I’d have to say I’m in agreement with Tash.

Derek, once you move in with your girlfriend, how are you going to keep your Forumosa identity a secret from her? Don’t you think she’s going to see you typing at some point? And once she does, don’t you think she might look up all your posts to see what words of wisdom you’ve imparted to others? I worry not only about what people may think of your fiancee when they meet her, but also what she will think of you once she finds out what you’ve been posting.

On the other hand, your question is a good one. I think it mainly seems like TMI because you’ve already told us so much about your girlfriend, we’d like to have some time to forget. :wink:

Tash, I’m curious to hear your suggestions for HOW Derek could go about asking his question in a better way.

(Edit: Sandman’s response was pretty much what I was thinking. But, I always like to offer more than one alternative, so if you have any more–I’d be interested to know. :rainbow: )

The difference is huge.

I don

Can

Sandman is crusty? I thought he was Willie.

[quote=“Persephone”]On the other hand, your question is a good one. I think it mainly seems like TMI because you’ve already told us so much about your girlfriend, we’d like to have some time to forget. :wink:
[/quote]
Yes, that’s a very good way of putting it.

[quote]
Tash, I’m curious to hear your suggestions for HOW Derek could go about asking his question in a better way.[/quote]
Depends on why the need to ask a third party in the first place. Is it because

1. You need any third-party advice: Ask a close friend.
  2. You need specifically a women’s perspective: Ask a close female friend.
  3. You need specifically advice from a foreigner in a relationship with a Taiwanese: PM one of the many nice, helpful, understanding men derek has already ‘met’ on forumosa and confide in them.

or anything else as long as it’s with discretion in mind.

Can

Let’s not be too bloody politically correct here!!! If the gentleman wants to disclose personal information about his woman, all the more power to him. It provides for interesting reading and judging by the response this thread has received – a lot of people of people are interested in what disease, affliction, or mental problem his wife could potentially have.

My wife couldn’t give a rat’s ass what I write on Forumosa…

When I tell her I am suspended, she just nods and says “it is your own fault…you’ve got a bad mouth.”

When I tell her about political agitation she just yawns.

When I tell her about rude wise cracks she laughs or sighs (more often the latter).

Forumosa is pure entertainment in the eyes of many people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It’s SERIOUS fucking BUSINESS. It IS! It IS, I tell you! IS!

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Persephone”]On the other hand, your question is a good one. I think it mainly seems like TMI because you’ve already told us so much about your girlfriend, we’d like to have some time to forget. :wink:
[/quote]
Yes, that’s a very good way of putting it.

[quote]
Tash, I’m curious to hear your suggestions for HOW Derek could go about asking his question in a better way.[/quote]
Depends on why the need to ask a third party in the first place. Is it because

1. You need any third-party advice: Ask a close friend.
  2. You need specifically a women’s perspective: Ask a close female friend.
  3. You need specifically advice from a foreigner in a relationship with a Taiwanese: PM one of the many nice, helpful, understanding men derek has already ‘met’ on forumosa and confide in them.

or anything else as long as it’s with discretion in mind.[/quote]

Or simply post anonymously

A man cannot tell anything real personal about anybody else, just his wife, because she is property.

Poor old “ducky” Derek. Of course he can’t realise we all know his missus already, I mean she used to go out with [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/syphilis/27271/1 crease[/url]. I reckon he should insist on some testing.

Dezz, don’t sweat it mate, it’s only virtual.

HG

The differences are that friends can normally be relied upon to keep their mouths shut. .[/quote]

Not very true at times. I’ve relied on a few people whom I’ve considered friends and out of spite, they’ve shared personal information with others. But that’s just a lesson learned, never put pearls before swine=never truly trust anyone.

I don’t know about derek’s other posts, from what I’m reading here, his previous ones must divulge a lot of information to warrant such a reprimanding.

you could say that.

I think tash will happy now. :laughing:

Boy you guys sure know how to take things out of context and then exploit them.

I never said anything about STD