At this rate, soon boys will be wearing skirts to school

Oh god anything but this!

I despise the wide-leg pant trend. Gauchos, palazzos…they all look like clown pants to me.

I proposed that that forum was most suitable under the circumstances. Not saying that any boy who might choose to wear a skirt should be defined that way!

I’ve never seen it with success in high fashion or in “low fashion”. So I think it’s just doesn’t work for men.

How about a utility skirt for when your out drinking? :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah my dear. You were not around for the 70s. :grandpa: I grew up around guys with long hair or afros, And bellbottoms so wide they did look like male palazzos.

Oh and in the 80s we started the female palazzo trend. It is not new.

I am waiting for the football shoulder pads and wide belts to make their return.

If it crosses over to female fashion, I’m all in. Anything to make pockets bigger.

Yeah, ugly.

I’ve never seen it done well.

1 Like

My other reason for putting it there was that people keep talking about SSM as if that one thing is supposed to define Taiwan in the 21st century or something. “Wow look at how progressive Taiwan is” on the one hand, and “that’s just one thing” on the other hand. Well, here’s an additional development: if you’re a boy with a non-male identity, you can go ahead and wear a skirt to school, without any paperwork or medical advice.

1 Like

From what I understand, girls are required to wear shorts under their skirt. I believe most schools have the undershorts sewn into the skirt. I would imagine it would be the same for boys. The argument about a skirt being cooler would then be mute. No way wearing undershorts and a skirt on top is cooler.

Unless it’s the cool thing cut them out.

My grandfather would disagree, this is an example of his uniform from WW2748734cb8110f6476ada627f295b03a4
(tis is not him just a photo from the net)

Would he call that a skirt?

He would call it a Kilt, in the same way he would call his dress socks kilt hose.
if you would have asked what a Kilt was, he would tell you its a traditional skirt worn in Scotland (that’s the short version, if he knew you was really interested he would tell you about the history and honour in working it).

He was proud to be a “Devil in a skirt”

"We know that the imperial German army declared the Black Watch the regiment ‘to be most feared’ and frequent references were made to kilted Jocks as ‘devils in skirts’ and ‘ladies from hell’.

NDoy5KI

1 Like

It looks a lot cooler with a gun and bayonet charging into battle, that’s true.

1 Like

Now the parent associations are complaining…

The protesters, holding placards reading “Win Family Back, Reverse Education,” expressed strong opposition to a decision by Banqiao Senior High School in New Taipei in late June to relax its dress code for students.

They argued that the existing gender equality education in Taiwan does not touch on the issue of “responsibility,” emphasizing instead students’ “rights.”

“The boundary between men and women is being broken. Where does a skirt-wearing male student go when the call of nature comes?” asked Hung Chih-ho (洪志和) of the Kaohsiung City Parents Alliance.

“Without the boundary, how will boys treat girls with respect?” he asked.

Hung argued that exposing one’s chest and back or other “inappropriate” dress codes are not in the spirit of respect.

Sigh.

The next thing you know, the schools will be allowing female students to have longer than chin-length hair…the horror! Society will crumble!

4 Likes

See? I told y’all. :cactus:

1 Like

A place to Park your knackers :wink:

Um, not the same place a trouser wearing female student would go?