Attracting entrepreneurs in Taiwan

Hi everyone !
Just wanted to notice you about the current problem that Taiwan is facing concerning attracting foreigners, especially if they want to settle their business in Taiwan. This new project might be interesting to follow, if you are interested in creating a business in Taiwan. With a new kind of plateform this owuld be easier to apply. If some of you tried this kind of Visa notice me about that, I’m interested by your experience with it. Thank you ~

1 Like

they probably keep reading stuff like this…

That’s such a waste ! Taiwan is a great country, just thinking that some improvement could be done by the government to attract people here

Just 100 entrepreneur visas, in two years, 32 dual national professionals approved in a country of 22 million people , miniscule improvement.

That’s why they should do something and why I think that this nw plateform project can be good

People have been telling them ‘they should do something’ for 20 years.

That website is rubbish because somebody’s nephew or son or daughter was hired to do it.

But good luck !

1 Like

Yeah I understand your position, but it’s never too late !

Entrepreneurship + Taiwan…now that’s REALLY FUNNY!
ROC = Republic of Copy

Interesting exercise: Look in the mirror and answer this question honestly!
If you could “legally move and work” to China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, or Vietnam would you choose to stay in Taiwan because it offers you more/better opportunities than any of the countries listed? And no drug dealing doesn’t count.

I read the article too hastily, so maybe I’ve misunderstood one thing or another. But the article seems critical of the government entrepreneur website and of the both the entrepreneur visa program and the gold-card-type visa program.

The article cites Estonia and France as examples of countries that make it easier for foreigners to start companies. It says that someone, a David Chang, has serious plans to build some kind of site that will make it easier for people to apply for entrepreneur-type visas.

As I said, I just skimmed it (my cram school is about to close up for the night), so I might have misread.

It’s exactly what he plans to do. I know that the website and the whole project is being created right now

Somebody may be related to somebody too and got some nice government budget to fix the last persons work who also got it from guanxi.

Too cynical Brian Jones!

1 Like

Maybe you can check your sources before saying something like this? If anyone who does something have a link with the governement our world is pretty bad.

No sources. I said I am cynical so let me delete any name reference.