[Attractiveness] Is it just me

[quote=“teggs”]Obviously none of you guys have been to Budapest … ?

Okay, I was only 18 then but my god it was incredible![/quote]

Never been to Budapest, but I’ve heard the ladies there have really nice chests. I was in the Czech Republic when I was 18.What a great time! Beer was dirt cheap, tourism wasn’t too widespread then, and they were curious about Westerners.

I just couldn’t get over how slender, feminine, and educated the Slavic ladies are.

[quote=“teggs”]Obviously none of you guys have been to Budapest … ?

Okay, I was only 18 then but my god it was incredible![/quote]

Yeh, they’re nice but a little too materialistic.

There are beauties in every country. When in NYC I often strained my neck to check out all the cuties. There were super cute white girls ,asian girls, black girls, indian girls. YOu name it.

Taiwanese are not the only cuties on the planet of course.

But the Southeast Asians have come to appreciate Taiwanese ladies as you can read in these two links (I have posted them before in other topics)

a girls view
cheeserland.com/2007/04/i-love-taipei-too/

from a male perspective

uglymen.net/2007/04/16/hot-g … ival-2007/

[quote=“Indiana”]
The most beautiful looking men and women, IMO, are in the Middle East. I have never seen such a huge amount of gorgeousness in all of my life! Even the women in their abayyas with their hair covered and the men in their traditional clothing, they are just so nice looking.[/quote]

Ohhh, yes. I teach classes made up of all nationalities, so I get to see all.

Girls: the Polish ladies are gorgeous and usually very accomplished, also. My Polish students are genuinely interesting to talk to. Mongolians also.
Boys: the Iranians, long eyelashes, nice teeth and skin, cheeky twinkle in their eyes, usually very slim and not too tall (tall boys suck, I’m only 5’2"). Mongolians are also hot; one boy in my class has a wolf’s bone around his ankle and can hunt on a horse with a bow and arrow.

That must cause a few raised eyebrows – even in Manchester. Doesn’t he cause traffic jams?

Men are genetically designed to have different tastes in women. If it weren’t so, we’d all be fighting over the same women and the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago. This is a truism that anyone can discover easily by discussing what famous actresses and models your het guy friends find attractive - the answers will be so wildly different that you’ll wonder if we’re the same species. For example: which of the three Charlie’s Angels gals do you find the hottest? Now there’s a divider - ask 3 different guys, you get three different answers. I’m partial to Drew Barrymore myself. “Too fat” my pale white ass. Lucy Liu looks like any average girl I can see in any shopping centre in Taiwan. Cameron Diaz is too skinny - cute face though.

It’s great that all guys are cued to their particular “type”. I hope that other guys find the women I’m attracted to ugly. Less competition for me that way.

[quote=“Quentin”]Men are genetically designed to have different tastes in women. If it weren’t so, we’d all be fighting over the same women and the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago. This is a truism that anyone can discover easily by discussing what famous actresses and models your het guy friends find attractive - the answers will be so wildly different that you’ll wonder if we’re the same species. For example: which of the three Charlie’s Angels gals do you find the hottest? Now there’s a divider - ask 3 different guys, you get three different answers. I’m partial to Drew Barrymore myself. “Too fat” my pale white ass. Lucy Liu looks like any average girl I can see in any shopping centre in Taiwan. Cameron Diaz is too skinny - cute face though.

It’s great that all guys are cued to their particular “type”. I hope that other guys find the women I’m attracted to ugly. Less competition for me that way.[/quote]

Not too many though, or you might have to rethink your tastes. There’s never any competition for the seriously hideous ones, heh.

I’m a Cameron Diaz man myself.

Men & women tend to pick up their opposite for the same stupid reason:
inflated, imposed expectations. Sometimes, after the sexual duel, it works out. Usually, it doesn’t. Imagination can be a powerful deceiver.
I imagine it’s always been that way. Men and women are chemically quite different. Especially in terms of the brain, and it’s effect on behaviour & attitude.

“Almost all of our relationships begin and most of them continue as forms of mutual exploitation, a mental or physical barter, to be terminated when one or both parties run out of goods.”
----W.H. AUDEN

“In the duel of sex, woman fights from a dreadnaught and man from an open raft.”
----H.L. MENCKEN

Engage!

That must cause a few raised eyebrows – even in Manchester. Doesn’t he cause traffic jams?[/quote]

Oh yes, OH yes… :wink:

I’d like to add to tash’s excellent posts (not much else to say); I like a man who can fix stuff.

Where is the other posts?

I eated them.

[color=green]Please stay on topic, and no personal attacks please.[/color]

You’re going to get indigestion. :laughing:

buttercup’s student ALMOST qualifies as a Manchurian Mancunian hunter.

that’d be a riot. traffic jams from dead drivers with arrows sticking out of their eyeballs and emergency service personel slipping over in horse shit. ha.

[quote=“urodacus”]buttercup’s student ALMOST qualifies as a Manchurian Mancunian hunter.

that’d be a riot. traffic jams from dead drivers with arrows sticking out of their eyeballs and emergency service personel slipping over in horse shit. ha.[/quote]

Piccadilly Gardens is exactly like that on a Friday night, anyway.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“urodacus”]buttercup’s student ALMOST qualifies as a Manchurian Mancunian hunter.

that’d be a riot. traffic jams from dead drivers with arrows sticking out of their eyeballs and emergency service personel slipping over in horse shit. ha.[/quote]

Piccadilly Gardens is exactly like that on a Friday night, anyway.[/quote]

She ain’t lying :bravo:

Have you ever been to Luxembourg? God, except for the night clubs, the local populace is simply ugly…

Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo are by far the places where I saw the cutest girls per sqm. Can’t simply tell you which one is best… but I saw one in Akihabara dressed up as a maid that made my heart skip a beat or two…
I simply don’t know how man over there can sleep on the trains… with so much eye-candy around them, I just cannot stop looking everywhere… and gosh, are those skirts in the school uniforms short…

I’m going to have to say mixed girls are the hottest, in general. It’s very rare to see someone with any mixed blood who is less than better than average. Here I am talking about any combination, not just your standard white + Asian. I had an Irish friend once who said the problem with the British Isles was a very small gene pool, so any weird features tend to get accentuated over time. Mixed people are probably quite attractive for the opposite reason, and it’s well known that the two universal factors for attractiveness are symmetrical features and clear skin.

I’d also go for eastern/central European girls. You can draw lines between Vienna, Prague, Krakow, Bratislava and Budapest and back to Vienna and pretty much not go wrong if you stay in that sector. The Baltics and Russia too. They’re tall, beautiful, fit (in that “I hike/ski/canoe not go to the gym” sense), smart, well-educated, cultured and charming. Not much else to say really. If I ever break up with my current girlfriend, I’ll go back to Slovakia and marry myself a nice mountain goddess, or find myself a Czech girl who has read every book on the planet and just happens to be an awesome figure skater and once played first violin in the London Symphony Orchestra…

I’d also have to say I’m really starting to go off Taiwanese girls. It’s funny how a lot of people say they’re really skinny. They’re actually not. If you look closely, you can see they have quite fat legs, it’s just that there’s virtually no muscle there so they just look skinny. I was watching one of those silly late night shows a long time ago and they were weighing chicks and measuring their body fat percentage with a doctor on hand to lecture them (of course). These girls were 50kg or less (which most foreign girls would die to be), yet had body fat percentages exceeding 30%.

I can’t see the attraction at all to the vacuous lot who don’t want to walk one block or one flight of stairs, much less go hiking. Annoying and out of shape, and as mentioned, mainly useless at everything else except spending money and putting on makeup. Also, to put it mildly, they have absolutely no stamina in bed as a result. All very good reasons why my girlfriend (who is not your average Taiwanese girl) is awesome. I’ve got a cut up knee right now, so I can’t do too much exercise without risking it opening up again, but she was complaining about not being able to go hiking last night! Imagine your average Taiwanese girl complaining about that!

You’d really go off on south Taiwan girls if you ever come down here, especially in Pingtung. All benshengren are at least a good part aborigine (no matter how hard they racistly deny it), so 90% of the people in Taiwan outside of Taipei county have that hybrid vigor going for them.

I have some Taiwanese aboriginal friends and they always thought I was aborigini. Course I do have some abo blood from my moms side (shes benshenren) and my dads french/english/german.

I myself cant tell the regular TAiwanese apart from the aborigini?

Quentin: I saw some decent looking girls at Kenting who were obviously locals (because they weren’t white and they could surf and they didn’t really care too much about looking all dolly). I did notice a lot of the guys didn’t really look that Han too. I figured there was some Aboriginal blood in the mix.

My wife’s from Pingtung. Granny is Bunnan aboriginal. When we went to her uncles wedding I noticed lots of folks didn’t look “typical” city Taiwanese. Apparently about half her family is aboriginal. They don’t seem to deny it either (as Quentin mentioned above, some do). Her family is really laid back, enjoy a good party, always friendly to me and include me in everything, and personally, I think my wife is hot. So a little mix is a good thing in my opinion.
My son is an interesting mix: Part Afrikaner (French Huguenot, and although most wont admit it, probably a little something ethnic African), part English, part Taiwanese aboriginal and part Han Chinese. He’s a handsome little devil, and not being a girl, luckily I don’t have to buy a shotgun.

I think this is fairly common in the south, especially in the counties. Loads of my students seem to be mixed, and when I taught in Cishan (Kaoshuing county) almost half of my students were aboriginal or mixed. From my experience, people seem a lot less bothered by this than five years ago. The kids, especially, don’t seem bothered by it. With marriages to SE Asians I also have more and more students who have a mommy who’s Cambodian, Vietnamese or Thai.