Awesome Food in Taipei?

Can’t say I’m a big fan of tiramisu by itself, just after a meal is good for me.

Try out Gusto if you like cheese, make a reservation for a cheese tasting with some spritz and have a tiramisu at the end.

Just to clarify gusto pizza and gusto market of taste are two different shops :slight_smile:

Gusto pizza was quite good today :grinning:

I also love street Churros. Nothing worst than biting into a mediocre churros. But their churros are good. I like it with ice cream and chocolate dip. Get the cinnamon churro.

I concur. This is a bare bones pizza joint, professionally operated, with an engaged and friendly proprietor/pizzaiolo. I don’t think the pizzas here are quite at the same level as what Zoca’s can offer when Frederico is working at the pizza oven, but they are still very good. With its convenient location steps from Dongmen MRT Station, and with its reasonable pricing and a nice laid-back space (with good music too!), I would gladly return to Gusto. Thanks to @Andrew0409 for the recommendation.

Guy

Have you tried solo pizza? If so which one do you like better?

Yes I have tried Solo Pizza. I think the price point and quality of Solo is close to what Gusto offers–both are very good.

In my opinion, the quality of ingredients is higher at Zoca’s, which also has some pretty stellar desserts, coffee, etc. One variable here is whether Frederico is at the pizza oven, or not. He basically makes everything at Zoca’s (including the desserts and gelato, which is very good good indeed) so sometimes he relies on his staff to make the pizzas. If this prevents him from burning out, I’m all for it. But the pizzas are usually better when he’s at the oven.

Guy

1 Like

You have very small calves.

1 Like

The heels on the other side of the table though…

I disagree. Biting into a horrible churros is much worst!

2 Likes

Is there a best breakfast place thread?

This place near Zhongshan station is really good brunch and available all day. Other food also really good.

Poffertjes cafe
No. 19, Alley 9, Lane 64, Nanjing West Road, Datong District, Taipei City, 103
02 2552 7796

20190726_111727

5 Likes

Sadly, Roux is gone. I went yesterday hungry for their jambalaya and was met with a new Japanese curry restaurant. Anyone know if they’ve closed for good or have moved to a new location?

wtf is that corner of a banana chopped off and served in a small bowl as a center piece? this is why i avoid these places. theres always one part of the brunch ensemble that triggers me.

2 Likes

So you’re OK with salad for breakfast and whatever is wrong with those eggs???

2 Likes

i was trying to be nice. that little piece of crap 3 sweetcorn salad offends me big time. and yeah whats up with that recently regurgitated egg concoction?

2 Likes

Salad’s always good, and whatever is happening with the eggs can’t be as bad as it looks right? The bacon looks awesome and there’s some kind of massive zeppola thing. I’d go for it

Yea, I know. Same thought, but the food is good.

It’s brunch, salad is common some places, the eggs are a scramble and really good, not some oily Taiwan style shit.

What about when it is lettuce, rockmelon and onion? Not talking about above, but that is a concoction I got once…

Rockmelon, that’s a new one. Sounds good. lettuce, x, onion, hard to go wrong.