Awesome Food in Taipei?

Went back here and accidentally ordered
something I would not usually order and it was freagin goooood. With real mashed potatoes.

20190816_121152

1 Like

I think this was the best roast chicken I ever had anywhere, up in Zhuzihu.

3 Likes

Average google map review: 3.8.

I guess those displeased customers were ordering the wrong dishes. :rofl:

Guy

I saw that! Wildly wrong. Will be back! Best roast chicken I ever had with ridiculous crispy skin and five-spice dipping sauce. Everything else was good.

2 Likes

Maybe you were lucky and caught them on a bad day.

1 Like

In the photos accessible through google maps, I note that this place smears some of the horrible fake mayo on their bamboo dish—and then tosses some candy coloured sparkles on top.

I’d probably give them minus 3.8 stars if I had to eat that.

Perhaps just stick to the chicken? :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Get the chicken, who would get cold bamboo at a restaurant lol.

They do that with cold squid at virtually all Taiwanese weddings. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

OK, here’s the key question about the chicken: advance order needed, or just show up?

Guy

It was crowded today on a Monday in lily season, but we walked right in. I imagine on a weekend at this time of year it could be a problem.

After all the years here, still trying to get our head around the edit function, are we? :grinning:

1 Like

Give the man a break—he likely has his hands full with that chicken!

Guy

1 Like

I just ate the leftovers now!

It deserved to be said twice.

2 Likes

Has anyone been here? Chicken & Biscuits.
Any good?

1 Like

So I was curious about @Steve4nLanguage’s old avatar which lead me to a noodle dish by the name of Biang biang noodles. Biang biang noodles are from Xian, China cuisine. They are an impossibly wide, flat hand made noodle, served in a lamb broth.

There is a restaurant in Taipei doing this style, however it is out in the sticks. Lucky for you, sports fans, they have a food court stall for the masses in Xinyi, doing a cut down version of their original restaurant menu, including the dish I had above. They also have those cumin lamb flat bread thingos: 孜然肉夾饃. Although I didn’t taste a lot of cumin.

I recommend a visit if you like this style of Chinese cuisine.

江記水盆羊肉

信義區A11 館B2美食廣場

2 Likes

It’s pretty good, it probably won’t totally live up to your favorite in the States, but for Taiwan its satisfying… for me. Let me know what you think if you try it.

Another Chinese regional joint which I thought was good, this one is 廣西 and 柳州 cuisine. It’s in the basement of the department store next to Nanjing Fuxing MRT. I like the thicker rice noodle you get at this place. The servings are impossibly large though, you would need to be a monster to finish your bowl. Check the pictures to see if it is your cup of tea, er, bowl of noodles.

2 Likes