Awesome Things About Living in Taiwan

I want options. There are non unless you want to spend hours in one. In Taiwan, I can be in and out in 30min if I wanted and not break bank.

I miss the options. In Italy, the only late night places are kabobs

1 Like

It’s been said, but being a small gal I love not having to fear for my wellbeing/life when I walk around town, even alone and at late hours.

I also love how easy and affordable it is to get a good massage. And to get my nails did. And to get my hair washed and blown out at a salon.

4 Likes

Yeah, I miss massages in Taiwan. The ones in Italy are awful. They pretty much just do the Swedish rubbing oil on you BS. It’s pointless and expensive. I drive a hour to china town to get one by Chinese immigrants who actually do into the muscle tissue.

1 Like

Locals are always trying to figure out why a foreigner would leave their home to live here. They always tell me the reason. It’s safe here so that’s why I’m here. Hehe. It is safe but still wherever people are , shit still happens.

It’s extremely easy to open a business here. Plus u don’t get audited by the tax man.

2 Likes

There is nothing except convenience stores open here. It sounds like you have a lot of options compared to here.

I like it for the opposite reason. Nobody cares what you do or even pays that much attention to you unless you ask them to. A friend who I met in China (neither of us are Chinese) came to visit and commented how a pair of ‘foreigners’ speaking Chinese inside a local shop used to draw a crowd in China but nobody even looked up here.

2 Likes

Not really. Nothing here at night besides actual sit down restaurants that require 3 hours. And you really can’t eat out here often, it’s too expensive. At the crappiest restaurant, expect 30 euros a person. Anything decent, 40-50 euros min. Good restaurants would be over 50€. And there aren’t many restaurants to choose from.

1 Like

It’s also very easy in the UK and Ireland. Muxh easier than Taiwan actually. How much money goes out on expenses and taxes and regulations is the problem.

:rofl:
honestly i kinda like driving here but there are a million hazards to constantly look out for.
nobody wants to give way. people do stupid shit like driving out into on-comming traffic without looking - all the time. buses and taxis don’t give a crap about anyone. parking on the side of the road is annoying. and people are just outright dangerous around pedestrians. the traffic in italy must be a real shit show to make you say that…

2 Likes

Drivers in Taiwan mostly suck so I can’t imagine what Italian drivers are like. Just the last hour I saw three different cars and trucks cut the corner.
If any of you don’t know what ‘cut the corner’ is and why you shouldnt do it you suck too. :grinning:

1 Like

Italy must truly be a nightmare if Andrew misses Taiwan driving. Truly god awful hell on earth

Perhaps you’re just nostalgic @Andrew0409 ?

4 Likes

I like driving in Taiwan. Even more than the US. I drive freely in Taiwan and it’s all about being aggressive, confident, and anticipation. There are no low skill, low confidence, low awareness drivers in Taiwan. I never care about the speed limit, I just drive. There’s no point system and tickets are pretty cheap. Police aren’t patrolling and annoying you.

Italian drivers are not aware. Too many low skill drivers on very small 1-2 lane roads. Too many elderly drivers who should not be driving. Too many people who think they are Michael Schumacher in tiny shitty cars.

It’s easy for me. Easier than the US as well.

Part of the problem not the solution.:grin:

There’s a lot of really shiitty no anticipation drivers in Taiwan, so the first thing you have to learn is that truck or car could veer at any time with no indicators (the indicators come on during or after the lane switch ) , also they are always cutting through the opposing lane angling into the other lane when taking corners , a massive no no that causes head on collisions (it’s supposed to be more like an L not a Diagonal )

Also the famous let’s just drive straight out from the Lane into the road without looking manuvre (especially old people on scooters ).
. Going through red lights is also a big problem , one guy almost took out my family once . Just blasted straight through the lights in daylight. Another car in Taoyuan came straight at me at full speed in the wrong lane on a bridge ,.Fortunately I swerved out of his way (they were racing ).Nope Taiwan driving mostly sucks and they have poor skills too for some basic stuff such as corner taking. Not that other countries don’t have shitty drivers I just wouldn’t use Taiwan as any kind of benchmark…Ever. The only thing they are good at is awareness of two-wheelers. Also Taiwanese drivers are also aggressive and angry drivers and not courteous, the whole driving culture sucks.

There goes the awesome thread.

10 Likes

Now that’s not a sentence you see every day. :grin:

OK, now that’s a sentence I’ve never seen before! :astonished:

7 Likes

Ok guys I think I’m the only one almost who put in some awesome experiences here (or alluded to them ).

It’s all yeah, this is pretty good, yeah that’s pretty good. :sunglasses:

So far this thread is not awesome awesome.
Andrew’s example is…:joy::grin:.

1 Like

The driving in Taiwan is terrible. If I went back to London and drove home from the airport the way everyone drives here, I would lose my license.

7 Likes

England has a lot of shit but the road manner is really good.

It’s always nice when one of our own finally hits the Big Bank.

Nice going, beagle.
One assumes shots are on you.

https://www.7-11.com.tw/event/19snoopy/index.html

1 Like