Awesome Things About Living in Taiwan

People like to cook and eat with their family in their houses, the good food in Italy is at home. Can’t compare

1 Like

me too …taiwan doesn’t have roundabouts!

1 Like

Yeah, but i would like to eat out. Groceries close early at 730 and some don’t open on Sunday. It’s rough getting used to.

3 Likes

I live next to 3 roundabouts in Taipei…I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the US.

Edit: Wait, there is one on Cape Cod I remember.

One roundabout is okay it’s when you drive and you go through about five of them in 20 mins you’re like…Wtf…Another one !

Can we get back to Awesome something something ? :grin:

2 Likes

There are some excellent Eritrean restaurants in Rome and Milan.

I really enjoy how the malls are set up in Taiwan. It’s great as a guy who doesn’t want to walk around so much and know what they want. Everything is organized by floor.

1 Like

I believe it there. But not everyone lives in Rome or Milan. Even Florence is lacking and that’s the closest major city to me.

Come on Andrew, is that ‘awesome’ or just plain old ‘its kinda convenient’. :grinning:

It’s awesome for me. Convenience is awesome. Italy is the opposite of convenient.

1 Like

I knew we’d all devolve into our favorite negative vibes :rofl:

Booooo boooo positivity

3 Likes

What is this bunch of not awesome things in Taiwan or elsewhere.

Chabuduo is awesome. Some times.

2 Likes

Rare but the cul-de-sac makes up for it.

I hear cul-de-sac is French for “butt of scrotum.”

2 Likes

Well I’ve sh!t a few times when encountering one.

1 Like

Where I come from we call them “crescents”, and there’s craploads of them.
Also our word for the roundabouts is “traffic circles”
And they’re all over the place too.

1 Like

Not in my experience.

3 Likes

Yea i should have said england sorry. Another plus point for driving in taiwan is using an automatic. None of that clutch shite for me anymore!

1 Like

umm… not sure if you’re complaining about Seattle? Granted, really a different standard between US and Taiwan, but think Seattle is pretty decent… lots of friendly service workers. I suppose the $12/hr minimum wage has something to do with it