B&Q is now only named 特力屋

I was driving past the B&Q home improvement store this past weekend and I noticed that the sign no longer says B&Q and only has the Chinese 特力屋 (té lì wū). Also, the previous Internet address of bnq.com.tw now redirects to i-house.com.tw instead. I’ve read that Kingfisher Inc. sold their interest in the Taiwan B&Q stores back in 2007, but I’m just now noticing the new signage. Has anyone else noticed this? Has B&Q changed from having excellent western products to crappy Chinese products or is it still pretty much the same sans the name? Also, what do they use for the music jingle for advertising?

Old logo

New logo - seems a bit strange that they kept the same dimensions with a big orange empty space where the B&Q had been.

Oh, I found some information from their website.

[quote=“特力屋 website”]

台灣首座大型居家修繕中心

「特力屋」是台灣首座大型居家修繕中心 (Home Improvement Center);自成立以來,為台灣注入居家修繕DIY熱潮,同時以「家」的產業自許,以專業服務至上做為企業經營理念,提供居家修繕最佳方案,幫助每一位來到「特力屋」的顧客創造家園、實現幸福。

1995年,國內貿易界執牛耳的「特力集團」與英國零售業巨人「翠豐集團(Kingfisher Plc)」以各50%的投資額,成立「特力翠豐股份有限公司」也就是消費者所熟知的「特力屋」,目前服務據點遍佈全國,北中南東共有22分家。並於2006年開啟網路電子商店,提供消費者全天候不打烊的購物服務。2007年底跨足花蓮市場,開設花蓮地區第一家專業居家修繕中心:「特力屋」花蓮店,提供給花東地區民眾更方便,更多樣的居家修繕選擇。同個時間點「特力集團」自「翠豐集團」購入其餘50%股份,「特力屋」自此百分之百屬於「特力集團」成員,整合後的「特力屋」將發揮集團的綜合效益,提供給消費者價格更具競爭力且更優質的商品以及服務。

問的到、找的到、辦的到

「特力屋」強調顧客服務,力求以「問的到、找的到、辦的到」的服務精神,提供居家修繕解決方案。每一個員工均受過商品使用與知識的專業訓練,賣場的各商品區域均安排專屬人員,以提供消費者問的到專業建議以及諮詢。商品方面,「特力屋」提供超過三萬種的豐富品項,讓每位顧客找的到居家修繕、佈置或裝潢時所需選購的所有工具與材料。另外在全國22家分店內規劃「專案裝修服務中心」,依顧客需求量身打造,為消費者辦的到客製化的居家專案工程。

「特力屋」重視社會企業責任,「幸福社區改造計畫」就是透過有系統的活動與回饋,建立起各分店與當地社區的良好互動關係。同時也致力於社會公益活動,長期贊助「台灣寶島行繕義工團」,協助修繕弱勢家庭房屋,提供住的基本需求。在環保方面也不餘遺力,首創以「綠色節能」為行銷主題,並且每年持續提高綠色商品的佔比,鼓勵消費者進行綠色消費,也因此在2007年得到環保署所頒發的綠色行銷獎。

創造家園、實現幸福

「特力屋」未來的發展願景,將會針對商品、陳列、服務、系統、流程等各方面進行整合,提升服務質感,希望每一位到「特力屋」消費的顧客,都能夠輕鬆的挑選或找到商品(Simple to choose)、在最短的時間內完成訂購或是結帳流程(Easy to buy)、並且每次到「特力屋」購物都能得到新的啟發與靈感(Exciting experience),同時將持續提供消費者居家修繕最佳解決方案,以創造優質居家環境為首要目標,成為消費者心中的最佳選擇,幫助每一位來到「特力屋」的顧客創造家園、實現幸福。[/quote]

It’s the same, just lost the name, a few years ago.

LOL this happens often in Taiwan it happened with FNAC and Geant, it is a way to not pay franchising fees. Then there was the dumbass that tried to change some subways into subber and got burned in court. Like so much here biz practices are less then honourable!!

The sign has been missing the B&Q for close to 2 years I think. I’ve never seen the B&Q on the sign IIRC.

I don’t get out much! :blush:

Yeah, I was quite confused when I moved here (9 months ago) since there is one by my house. On the bus, the stop outside would say “B&Q” but nowhere on the building, anywhere did it say b & q…it says HOLA (和樂)

It’s a holdover English name among those of us who’ve been here a while, like still calling Vie “Warner”, or FunATT whatever “NYNY”. We’ve mentioned the change a few times here, but I guess newbies will have missed that.
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 4#p1417204](Construction adhesive in taichung
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 5#p1327555](WCIF Foam Filler Spray

so now it’s Te4 Li4 Wu1.

By the way, the locals often don’t know what I mean when I refer to the store above it, “Hola” (Spanish pronunciation, silent h). You have to pronounce an English h to get understood.

I usually call it “Taiwanese shitty Home Depot”.

How about “blank orange space”?
“The artist formerly known as B&Q”?

B&Q Taiwan was a joint venture between Kingfisher and Test Rite. Kingfisher sold out to Test Rite, and I would imagine that they had a licensing agreement.

What happened was that once Kingfisher was out, they rebranded, and stopped the licensing agreement.

I cannot see any immoral business practice in that, Test Rite owns the chain outright now.

It’s a fairly common occurrence. Taiwanese partner gets pissed off at sourcing things through international company head office, thinks they don’t understand local etc. Keeping the colours and the name Te Li Wu is pretty cheeky but I guess B&Q are not in this market anymore so don’t overly care about that.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]It’s a holdover English name among those of us who’ve been here a while, like still calling Vie “Warner”, or FunATT whatever “NYNY”. We’ve mentioned the change a few times here, but I guess newbies will have missed that.
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 4#p1417204](Construction adhesive in taichung
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 5#p1327555](WCIF Foam Filler Spray

so now it’s Te4 Li4 Wu1.

By the way, the locals often don’t know what I mean when I refer to the store above it, “Hola” (Spanish pronunciation, silent h). You have to pronounce an English h to get understood.[/quote]

yah, I always have to call it he2le4…then they know what I mean