Baby suffocated at Neihu daycare

Based on this articles, using some Krav Maga techniques would be acceptable too…

Yes. Babies is babies.

The CCTV in every branch of this chain should be examined

3 Likes

Any smart parent would have already remove their child from any other branch of this daycare.
If they haven’t, they should!

1 Like

New amendment stiffens penalties for child abuse

6 Likes

More than past due. But better late than never. Thank you for sharing this.

I was talking about this to my girlfriend and she told me that there are special pillows to keep a baby’s head turned sideways while they’re belly down. I was like, but why the hell are they belly down at that age? Well because, she said, people think that the pressure against the side of their face in that position will make their head longer and shapelier.

So much facepalm.

5 Likes

For your girlfriend.

What she is probably confused with is special pillows for when a small baby with little neck control is sleeping on their back. They can get a flat spot on their skull from continually lying with their head in the same position as the bones are still soft, it’s more prevalent in Asian babies.

I mean, sure, but the head-elongation thing isn’t something she believes, it’s something she knows many others believe.

wow, this story and the subsequent details about what the staff were doing is very disturbing.

yea, there is systematic backwardness in this country and i feel less and less accepting of it. regardless of whether its my country or not.

Walked past one of this franchise down the road from me the other day at pickup time. Lots of parents picking up kids, laughing and chatting away. Judging by the number of likes on the facebook page linked in this thread, i.e not many given population, I think most parents are blissfully ignorant of this incident.

Really? It surprises me!
I thought this was well covered by local media…

It’s all backwards and superstitious nonsense passed down from 20 generations ago before modern science even existed.

1 Like

The mother’s original post on her personal Facebook page had 30,000 reactions. She moved it to a separate page - probably because she didn’t need Facebook reminding her of her most-liked post in 2019 being about the death of her child.
People are very aware of this issue, though I do feel surprised that the parents at the other branches are still going about their lives as though nothing happened, even though I’m not sure what they could or should be doing.

1 Like

Um…no.
A baby’s head shape will usually correct itself after 6 to 12 months, once it can lift its head.

The flat spot is normal the first 6 months. All babies get it, some more than others, but all do to some degree.

I think there may be some association at play here. East Asians often have flat back of heads genetically.

Exactly. It has very little to do with sleep positions if any at all.

1 Like

Um…yes, you said so yourself

This was what I was responding to in your post. The flat heads you see in Asians is more of a genetic thing and not related to how they rest as babies.

1 Like

4 months ago