Banned Members 2005 (Part 1)

How so? If a poster gets banned under one ID it’s a common held belief that he/she can come back under a new ID and will have a fresh start.
If that poster then outs him/herself as a previously banned poster, is that a bannable offense in itself?[/quote]

According to precedent, yeah I think it is. I think they are wecome to come back as long as they keep their mouth shut about who they were. It would be pointless to let them stay, right? If it was worth banning them the first time, we shouldn’t let them stay just because they change their screen name. It’s one of those see no evil, hear no evil things.[/quote]

Oh OK. As for it being pointless letting them stay, I disagee. I think if a poster gets banned and manages to reflect on why, make some adjustments to their attitude or whatever, then who cares if they were a banned poster or not? If they contribute henceforth then let them be.

BUT. In saying that. It is also my understanding that banned posters get a few warnings first, so perhaps it is considered if they can’t heed a warning or 3 then they will never learn.

I think that banning some posters is an unfortunate (albeit still necessary) exercise, especially if 99% of their posts were a good read. Oh well.

Oh well, Toe Save will be back under another name, when the blisters heal.

In his self-outing he also said he was the Gumper. I always liked his posts.

[quote=“Josefus”]In his self-outing he also said he was the Gumper. I always liked his posts.[/quote]I felt the same way about Rubicon Bodyjar. I’d been wondering why Mordeth was suspended then banned for a little while. I read this thread a few days back in hope of finding out.

If you kept up with Wroom Wroom over some time, you would know. Let’s see… breaking side rearview mirrors off cars - and advocating it, then there was some other stuff as well… I wondered about why he wasn’t kicked off vert early on.

As to Mordeth, I heard he got it for some posts with explicit directions as to how go and purchase firearms on the black market. Advocating illegal activities.