Barbecue Places in Taipei

Who sells the most authentic American BBQ in Taipei?

In a restaurant setting, Baba Kevinā€™s probably.

If you want to make your own, get your cuts at Costco.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have a smoker or anything like that. Iā€™m after the real deal! Sweet sweet American BBQ

Real deal? Hmmnā€¦ well, Baba Kevinā€™s is great by Taiwanese standards, but letā€™s just say it wouldnā€™t win any awards in Texas or anything. It is decent though, and it has a lot of comfort food sides, like Mac & Cheese, sweet potato and cornbread.

2 Likes

This oneā€™s real good, near Nangang train station:

5 Likes

You can get a Bogartā€™s BBQ pork sandwich at ParkLife.
ParkLife Drinking Room Taipei
10455, Taipei City, Zhongshan District, Section 3, Civic Blvd, 41號1ęؓ
02 2751 5565
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qmzhuC91sVDQjcZM7

2 Likes

David Diner in Zhongli near Chung Yuan night market

Great ribs, nice meat falls off the bone, decent bark on outside, the flavors are cooked in, not poured on top after cooking, rack is huge, three flavor choices bourbon, spicy, blueberry Iā€™ll try next. Nice atmosphere.

They also have some Tex Mex.

David Diner
å¤§č”›ē¾Žå¢Øꖙē†
No. 43號, Xietong Street, Zhongli
https://maps.app.goo.gl/V25pNRgJUacL7ZrK8

7 Likes

Blueberryā€¦ I guess thatā€™s sort of a Taiwanese thing, sort of like bubble tea pizza.

Do taiwan have aged bbq offer in taipei - locals cheap under 50ntd per 100 grams

Yeah sounds kind of strange but the bourbon flavor was quite nice so Iā€™m tempted to try the blueberry.

OK, I assume Iā€™m missing something, but for now the only way I can parse this is ā€œbarbecued local elderly for sale, $50/100gā€ (with foreign elderly presumably more expensive, I guess?).

1 Like

I think people interpret barbecue differently. Some people think of ribs, some people think of a throwing a bunch of meat on a grill and cook it yourself, some people think of it as a flavor and thereā€™s other ideas.

The thread title is not clear enough to differentiate the OPs intent.

Apparently Americans (from what Iā€™ve seen in films) consider it throwing hamburger patties or hot dog sausages onto a grill with open flames underneath, and burning the fuck out of it.

I want that real shit Americans make on July 4th :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

hell yeah but you forgot the ketchup

Yeah, I miss dogs and burgers on a charcoal grill too. :disappointed:

I enjoy BaBa Kevinā€™s. Kevin holds a high standard of his food and expect the certain quality and consistency. And heā€™s a really nice guy. He will replace any food you didnā€™t enjoy with something else.

4 Likes

We DO and I miss the fuck out of it! Charcoal dogs and burgers bring back great memories of my late grandfather who was a grill master. :pensive:

1 Like

He is an awesome dude. Good craft beer too.

2 Likes

Kevin is great. Not a fan of his ribs.