Battle of the racist toothpastes

Darkie/Darlie toothpaste is good stuff. Before moving to the States I used it for years. Colgate? Crest? Aquafresh? none came close to it. Do whatever you want with the name, but keep that magic formula my friends…

Growing up in Taiwan in the 70s, I remember Darlie toothpaste came in powder form in a shoe polish tin. We used to wet our tooth brushes and dabbed it in the tin…ah…good ol’ days!

hey nobody wrote who the heck makes “white man” toothpaste? and how does it compare.

and if you are white would you use that over black man toothpaste if those were your only two options? And would you use blackman toothpaste even tho you are white if you preferred the flavor more? or would you feel strange? And ditto for black people

tommy525 - If you are looking for Darlie in the USA, I once saw a few tubes at a Chinese grocery store in NJ. You’re probably better off looking for a grocery store whose primary clientele will be older Chinese people who wouldn’t care about the presence of Darlie. I tried to buy a tube to show my fishing buddy, who is African-American and gets a kick of weird racist stuff, and my sisters threatened to beat me up.

As for your more recent questions, being genetically Chinese, I will happily use bai ren huo zhe hei ren toothpaste and toothbrushes. :smiley: Look a smiling green face for the conversation!

I’m looking for the “Mexican” toothpaste.

A nice refried beans and cilantro taste…Ai Yiiiiii!

Hope you don’t think Taiwan has a corner on racist toothpaste.

Ladies and gents, I give you Thailand: Twin Lotus Black Herbal Toothpaste.

[quote=“smell the glove”]Hope you don’t think Taiwan has a corner on racist toothpaste.

Ladies and gents, I give you Thailand: Twin Lotus Black Herbal Toothpaste.[/quote]

THAT was just plain WIERD

[quote=“tommy525”]hey nobody wrote who the heck makes “white man” toothpaste? and how does it compare.

and if you are white would you use that over black man toothpaste if those were your only two options? And would you use blackman toothpaste even tho you are white if you preferred the flavor more? or would you feel strange? And ditto for black people[/quote]

I used Darlie when I was in Taiwan. The taste wasn’t that good, and the after effects (a strong desire to cook pancakes :wink: ) made me feel like colgate would be better.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“tommy525”]hey nobody wrote who the heck makes “white man” toothpaste? and how does it compare.

and if you are white would you use that over black man toothpaste if those were your only two options? And would you use blackman toothpaste even tho you are white if you preferred the flavor more? or would you feel strange? And ditto for black people[/quote]

I used Darlie when I was in Taiwan. The taste wasn’t that good, and the after effects (a strong desire to cook pancakes :wink: ) made me feel like colgate would be better.[/quote]

HAHA, aint nuthin wrong with some pancakes now and then.

but so far NOBODY has admitted to using "white man " toothpaste? so we still dont have a report out on that? who makes it? whats it like? is it any good? etc?

I bought a tube of bai ren recently. It is a white colored tothpaste, and seems to work better than the Colgate gel I had been using. Will need to get a tube of Darlie and compare. I’ll post the manufacturer’s name when I get home, because I’m sure at least five people care.

I never understood White Man toothpaste. White men don’t have good teeth - just look at anyone from the UK.

I wonder why they don’t have Yellow Man toothpaste?

yes we do. we know colgate makes darlie but who makes bai ren?

I mentioned this issue to my wife and Taiwanese friends a couple of evenings ago.

Predictably, they were completely unaware that anybody might find the name offensive / racist in any way.

Their reaction, "It’s just toothpaste! :loco: "

[quote=“Elegua”]White men don’t have good teeth - just look at anyone from the UK.[/quote] :laughing: Reminds me of the “Big Book of British Teeth” which the dentist showed to Lisa Simpson as a warning.

I am told they have “Chinky” toothpaste in Hong Kong.

Ah the Fragrant Harbor! Where insulting yourself isn’t an insult if you can make money. If “Chinky” is real, I should get a tube so my white and black friends understand the equal opportunity offender nature of Asia.

So the English panel of the box says Whitemen Toothpaste is manufactured by: GALIEN(S) Pet Ltd. of Chiayi. I only can read every other character under manufacturer name for the Chinese panel on the box and am too lazy to look the others up in a dictionary. Here is the website:
http://www.whitemen.com.tw, where their name is GALIEN Industrial Co. Ltd.

I thought our toothpaste was called, "Put the cap back on, you ugly fat honky,’ then I saw that my girlfriend had just put a sticky label over my regular ‘Bohunk’ brand.

bartleby.com/61/5/B0370500.html

Ah the Fragrant Harbor! Where insulting yourself isn’t an insult if you can make money. If “Chinky” is real, I should get a tube so my white and black friends understand the equal opportunity offender nature of Asia.[/quote]

A friend of mine has sent me a picture of it…!

A new black toothpaste to make your teeth white
i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/n … hpaste.jpg

Ah the Fragrant Harbor! Where insulting yourself isn’t an insult if you can make money. If “Chinky” is real, I should get a tube so my white and black friends understand the equal opportunity offender nature of Asia.[/quote]

A friend of mine has sent me a picture of it…![/quote]

Sure enough.