Beer Alert & Directory IV

Family Mart, Sept. 25-29:
Second can of 500cc Pilsner Urquell only NT$1.
Fill up your fridge, you drunkards.

1 Like

Family Mart. 109 nt get second can for 10 nt. I like it but it’s just a tad too bitter for me.

2 Likes

I tried to convince them I only want second cans. Got politely asked to leave.

2 Likes

This was fantastic. Got it at the B3 market at Sogo below Ding Tai Fung.

IMG_20190930_191446~2

IMG_20190930_190624~2

3 Likes

That’s cause Taihu kicks ass.

4 Likes

I’ll be buying more. Even with the bitterness (it was an IPA and something I would normally steer clear of), I really enjoyed it. All the great ale flavors coming through made it seem not so bitter, if that makes any sense.

1 Like

I really like the White Ale there.

First time I lived in Taiwan, back in 2002, ales were really just starting to happen in the US. I remember that Carrefour sold Cooper’s Original Pale Ale from Australia. A little pricey, but man it was refreshing in the humidity and heat of Taiwan. Super low bitterness (but a little). I drank a lot of it in 2002-2004.

Still pretty nice today imo.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Guinness generally suck? Why so popular?

Much more prefer a Kilkenny.

1 Like

That sir, is blasphemy.

2 Likes

How to use the kids candy.

f49667b

9df496d

3 Likes

Taiwan craft beers.

IPA taste with red wine finish. Better than expected.

Ale taste, slight cucumber, dry finish. Not really refreshing. As expected.

hmmm. Not a big fan of these “creative” new flavours - I’ve tried a few and they invariably just taste weird, in the same way steak and custard would be weird.

As far as I’m concerned beer is made from malt and yeast and hops (plus possibly some unmalted grain flavouring or sugars). There’s a lot you can do with that; no need to push the boundaries into uncharted territory.

1 Like

:grandpa:

1 Like

I love a good dank Double IPA.

And I’m not ashamed to admit I miss Pumpkin Spice Ales.

I’m just funnin yiz, Doc.
Lord knows, there ain’t a more vanilla white bread lager drinker than me. :wink:

Although, steak and custard, hmmmm…:ponder:

Every so often I’ll have one that I enjoy, although I guess at this stage grapefruit infusion - or whatever it’s called - no longer counts as creative. But yup, those two bottles do NOT look appealing to me.

@tango42 that cucumber one is nasty. tw has some great craft brews, keep trying.
I’m gonna do some brewing with some buddies when I return. IPAs!!

A bar offered only three choices Taiwan beer, Corona, or this German one that’s

Only available in Xiao Liuqiu 小琉球限定 .

Weisbeer very bitter.

2 Likes

Dafuq? Mediocre beer from my (2nd) hometown? Hasenbräu in Taiwan?

1 Like