Beer Alert & Directory IV

The Yebisu black, hoppy and slightly bitter is totally different from Asahi black. And not as good a match with food or alone.

Craft beer festival in Taipei on the 23rd:

2 Likes

awwww man :anguished:

I’d say that’s great news!

I believe she’s awww maning because she’s not here to enjoy it. Bree, I recommend drowning your sorrows with a six pack of some good stuff back home.

2 Likes

I’ve now been called into work that day. However, I should finish around 4pm so will be able to sample the beers for a fair few hours.

1 Like

I be likein the huge number of import beers available at this place.

啤啤 Craft Beer Cafe
No. 39號, Lane 160, Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Da’an District, Taipei
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rYaKxp7VJajz32tL8

3 Likes

Not bad. I need to try the other flavors. This one was a tad on the bitter side. 15% off for two bottles at Family Mart.

Super expensive. I’m not paying so much for 330cc of mostly water and gas.

2 Likes

Yeah, around 360 nt for the two big bottles. But I’m not drinking much these days so I wanted to treat myself to something good. I really wanted scotch but I’ll be in too much pain tomorrow during my workout. And so compared to scotch also not too expensive.

2 Likes

Bought the Belching Beaver Brewery 6-pack of the Peanut Butter Milk Stout at Costco a few of weeks ago. First time drinking bottled peanut butter stout. Not a bad taste but a little goes a long way and not as good as draft peanut butter stouts.

try mixing some Hershey’s chocolate syrup in the beer to get Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup stout

2 Likes

I once chanced upon a cart at yongkang that had a sign advertising 花生 nitro. I got excited. Alas it was pb nitro iced coffee. Lame.

1 Like

Some US craft brewers make peanut butter cup stout - no mixing required. Tastes like the real thing except better!

1 Like

I hope I’m correctly reading this Japanese Asahi Beer Company product and that it’s 9% alcohol and nearly zero calorie, carb, sugar.

Tastes like grape drink which has a lot of sugar.

please drink 3-4 of them and report back if there’s no hangover. thx

1 Like

One was a refresher but very sweet tasting.

Don’t you get tired of craft beers made in Taiwan that just taste like any other craft beer in the world.

This is the first one that has some kind of unique taste that reminds me of Taiwan. I’m not sure what it is but one of the ingredients.

No idea what the ingredient is or how to describe the taste. But when I drink it I think Taiwan!

They said it’s made by a French guy in Taiwan.

1 Like