Beer Alert & Directory IV

@tango42
Not uncommon.
Jim & Dads uses tw fruits
Taiwan Head has a whole line of tea ales
A couple of brewers use 馬告 and a few use 烏梅
Traditional brews are for when you tire of the (albeit good) frufru shit.

Found this beauty at Costco. It has a 94% on BeerAdvocate and 99% on ratebeer. Nothing like a west coast IPA. This would be good drinking even in the states.

Unfortunately, I’m currently battling some bronchial death bug, so I probably can’t have it for 2-3 weeks. :sweat:

2 Likes

Which beauty?

Almost forgot to attach the pic. Check now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks good! Maybe I’ll get some tomorrow. They aren’t selling 6’s are they?

1 Like

Yes, they are. I bought a 6. I got it from the Kaohsiung Costco, so I don’t know if it’s in Taipei though.

1 Like

Oh sweet. Well, I’ll look

1 Like

No joy in Beitou. Just cases of Bud and Taipi, etc

1 Like

Thanks! Bad news, but at least it saves me a trip tomorrow.

Sorry to hear.

Picked up a six pack of this at the Xizhi Costco. Very close to a flavor that I would consider top notch, but not quite. I think maybe it would be great with some barbecue or maybe a burger. By itself, good, very good, but not fantastic. (Sorry, my booze reviews don’t get any more sophisticated than that.)

3 Likes

How come all the other Costcos have this beer

2 Likes

Did you also look through the central sections? Once in the past I thought there wasn’t any interesting beer, but then found some when I meandered through the toy / seasonal section.

Um, I don’t want to sound like “Maybe you should go back and look again for us!”, but I guess that’s what I’m sounding like.

2 Likes

I think @lostinasia might be right. You may be overlooking it. I find it hard to believe any Costco would just have Bud and nothing else.

1 Like

I looked pretty closely. Just cases of pretty generic beer. I did look at the seasonal stuff as well, and the drinks, all around the alcohol section. I could have missed it though

1 Like

Hmmmn… that’s tough luck. No other Costcos within a reasonable distance?

Probably farther than I’m going to go for beer :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, my doctor just advised me against drinking any alcohol this New Years (I’ve been dealing with a stubborn chest infection). So I probably have to wait a month to try those out anyway. :cry:

I’m imagining a parade of despondent foreigners tomorrow at Costco, walking around in sad circles, all searching for that Holy Grail of non-Bud beer.

3 Likes

My doctor advised me not to drink alcohol at all, so it’s not lol

1 Like