Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

:man_shrugging:

Question: Does anybody feel drunk faster or more when drinking 18 days Taiwan draft beer? When you drink it without eating which is a common way to drink it.

Following my friends recently a few times and it seems like I feel drunk quicker and more. I don’t know.

I don’t remember;)

No. But, I don’t like the gold medal beer. It’s more likely to give me a worse headache than the others of TTL. I like 18 Days Draft. Even in the can, it’s not bad.

I wonder if maybe the alcohol content continues to increase in some cases as it’s unpasteurized so the yeast might still be active? If it’s not kept properly refrigerated perhaps the alcohol might go up? I like that one but I’ve never had enough get more than a buzz. :beer:

1 Like

Have these hit the streets yet in prep for Halloweenie? From year past…

1 Like

Hmmm… I thought I saw them a few weeks ago, but not any more. Might be my memory playing tricks though, could have been last year. And I thought it’s for ghost month?

All I know is I’m thoroughly enjoying this brew after about 6 months away from beer (for the most part) to lose weight. I might just go ahead and drink this every day for 18 days.

2 Likes

Yea, I recently like it, hated it before. Can also drink 18 in one day, depending on the doctors orders.

1 Like

18 in one day. You just blew my mind.

Aida of JapJap Bikini is opening an izakaya restaurant with all-you-can-drink beer. It will be by city hall. She has an exclusive contract with Taiwan Head Brewers, so no other beers. $300/hr bottomless. Should be open for business in a month. She’ll have eight rotating taps.
The new name will be JupJup so folks can stop getting bent out of shape. It is an onomonopeia for yummy, but I can’t remember which language.

6 Likes

Martian? These guys? (I can only wish!):

2 Likes

Love those guys “brring brring”

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a significant number of nonsense words that evoke different muppet characters for me, and I assume for many others! Was actually mildly surprised when I searched - remembered the characters and the skit, but thought it was “Muppet Show”, not “Sesame Street.”

Thanks for the izakaya recommendation. I’m at an age when all-you-can-drink beer drives me away, but I wish there were more posts here recommending those styles of places.

1 Like

$300 is a good price for two pints. You don’t need to go nuts.

2 Likes

NT$300/bottomless for micro-brews, that’s insanely cheap :+1:

1 Like

You are correct. Crafts are commonly $250 for one tiny glass.

Now I am suspect of this.

I guess it won’t be a Soulful social place because the concept encourages people to come in for an hour and drink $300 worth of beer and get the *#ck out.

Great spot to stop in, drink as much as you can, and get drunk as hell for 60 minutes and then head on to your next bar

I want to know when JupJup opens! Because I will be there on day one and two and other days until they die or change their concept.

Amazing deal if this is true. I guess the only way to stop the value here is if they insist on tiny 200 ml glasses or something, but then just order three at a time!

Somebody please update this thread when it opens!

Just clarified with Aida. 398 1hr 698 2hr

4 Likes

Well, Hector here’s the game plan. You’re gonna bring us two Absolut martinis, you know how I like ’em, straight up. And then precisely seven and one half minutes after that you’re gonna bring us two more. And then two more after that every five minutes until one of us passes the :tent: out.

2 Likes