Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

I really wish I was old enough to be in the workforce during the debauched 80s. It looks like so much fun.

1 Like

So Buckskin has come up with one more beer. My verdict is: welcome to my fridge.

Yeah, Buckskin isn’t the shit but I welcome the variety they bring on the table.

2 Likes

LOL welcome to the club :smiley: This Altbier was all the rage a few months ago, people were hunting it - discussing in forums whether this or that PX Mart is carrying it, where to find it…

For me a bit too strong, like many Buckskin. But yeah, variety.

1 Like

xD really? I thought it was just released! I’ve been buying their Taiwanese copies of German beer for a while already and never saw this one. I bought it all excited haha.

To me most of them are good, some mpre interesting than others, none too strong. My favourite one is the one that comes in brown, whatever the name is. Heller Keller?

yeah some copies are only sold in certain places, so I guess it’s easy to miss them ^^

I am quite happy they do those beers in Taiwan, even most of them feel “over-done” to me. Märzen is good, Kölsch is very good - rest is OKish for me. Most seem too strong, too pronounced. Like they tried way too hard to capture the special taste of each kind. The Pils (7-11 exclusive) was the first beer in decades that I couldn’t finish.

What I really do love, though, is a beer they don’t sell in cans (yet): Bockbier. Heller Bock. Strong, sweet, awesome. One of the best beers I’ve had so far. Unfortunately, I only saw it on tap at their Japanese BBQ place so far.

I forgot to take pics, but I’m having a few cold ones tonight. IPAs mostly (courtesy of Jason’s).

1 Like

Horrible website, can’t use it on the phone, but tells you where their beers can be found:

New stuff at HiLife, obscure Lithuanian brewery never seen on Western European shops. Average quality, but plus points for huge pint cans, making a statement at the conbini.

3 Likes

now if Buckskin can only make a good Rauchbier, ha ha

Ouch, isn’t “good” and “Rauchbier” a contradiction? Anyway, while buckskin didn’t release this yet, another Taiwanese brewery provides one. Not sure if it tastes any better than a paper cup with a rest of warm Taipi in which some cigarettes have been extinguished:

I’ve had some decent rauchbier when in Deutschland.
It’s an acquired tasted, but not something to drink every day.

Have tried, pretty good as is most of their range. But yes, rauchbier is an acquired taste.

1 Like

Tsai’s Actual nailed this rauchbier

2 Likes

Nothing special, a bit of citrus, not a typical simple beer as marketed, more varieties out, from Taichung (?).

1 Like

My friends seem to think this is a great gose (both hetero men)

They described it exactly with the wrong conclusion because way to salty and way to tart.

And their regular beer as advertised should not taste like citrus.

You can have a nice massage at the yellow sign in the background while you think about where this sour dark beer is from. Somebody like it but it’s not for me.

What’s this about?

Are you trying to express you have hetero men friends or that not all your friends are gay or you have only two hetero friends or you have a couple hetero friends that hang out together or you only have two friends or two male friends in the world and they are hetero or what I don’t know

is this some sex in the city thing

1 Like

It’s some combination of all that

1 Like

Redneck beer from Holland. Because when people think of rednecks, they think of Amsterdam.

2 Likes