Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

I still don’t know what this is. Reviews say cider.

Also, was a special release.

2 Likes

Cracking a couple cold ones after a very looooooong Wednesday! These taste so good right now.

(And yes, the second one is printed upside down. It’s part of some gimmicky promotion, but it’s a Tangerine IPA.)

5 Likes

I really like tangerine express. Where did you pick it up?

1 Like

Jason’s.

1 Like

Taiwan Long Chuan Beer

Tastes like a cheap watery American beer for fishin’ or drunk uncle that says “hey, here’s some change, run down and get me a sixer”.

4 Likes

Sold!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas from Taiwan beer. After all, what is Christmas without beer.

2 Likes

Deluxburg Beer what is that?

Also, some bottled beers.

Taipei Station underground K mall also known as Eslite Mall.

1 Like

why don’t you get closer and you tell us?

Not beer, 9%, low carb, for those that care about such tings.

2 Likes

Since you didn’t mention the taste, I assume it’s forgettable?

Actually, I think I had it. And yeah, not gross, but also not memorable.

I’ve scowered the local 便利商店 in my neighborhood and for some reason I find the gems in Hi-Life. This one from a brewery in Vancouver. For those who turn their nose at IPAs, this one is well-balanced. Not overpowering at all and 7% to say the least.

They had a pumpkin beer a bit ago too that was pretty good.

7 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

That brewery has had beer available in (selected branches of?) Carrefour and Wellcome since summer or so: four regular varieties, and occasional special ones, like the pumpkin one or an apricot sour. I like them, a lot, enough that I’ve filled a cupboard with the darn things because good affordable often disappears from the shelves here. Regularly on slightly discounted price of around $85 per can.

2 Likes

Didn’t see a thread for 2021. If there is one, please merge.

Currently drinking: a mediocre Japanese (?) IPA

1 Like

Not new this year, but mid 2020 i have enjoyed sunmai latest offerings.

I like it for the reasons it gets knocked down. It’s a milder taste with the flatter, dark beer feel.

First beer I had when I got back to Taiwan. I drank 5 while making a huge pot of spaghetti sauce to freeze.

1 Like

I like Asahi Super Dry Black with food like at a BBQ place.

Nice ! Where did you buy it?