Beijing's Olympic Fakery

Maybe the Olympics in the whole is an illusion …? Maybe the ‘Birdsnest’ and ‘Water bubble’ are an illusion too … they are cardboard fakes and will vanish as soon as the Olympics are over …

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Edgar Allen”]Yes there are very few white folks left in Shanghai these days and no new business visas until after the games. =-(

Its Ok though I have a shiny new job in HK which is of course closer to Forumosaland[/quote]

Yeah I remember when we met in Shanghai by chance at that yuppies bar that overloks the river… people could not believe I have a 5 year multiple residence. Us bastards from across the strait lol… Was so funny we met like that again hahahahaha

It’s funny bumming around Shanghai and meeting all those illegally employed immigrants from western countries :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

Don’t feel too bad…they can go home. You’re gonna get assimilated.

They also faked the Everest torch summit:

nepalnow.blogspot.com/

No! :laughing:

HG

Remember that the Chinese torch bearers to the summit were bred for this event … from childhood they were place in low oxygen chambers to be able to do the climb to Everest in record time and in any weather …

The bird’s nest might turn out to be a cuckoo’s nest after the Olympics …

I hadn’t heard this one prior to now, but the blogger’s absolutely right. At that time of year at that altitude, there’s no way there could be misty breath without their faces being covered with ice. No way in hell. And there’s no way people could talk in long sentences, either.
But they’re already known as lying commie slimebags in any case, so what does it matter?

What next?

OK, here’s a silly question:

Last night I enjoyed watching the rerun of the tenist Lu’s match against Argentinian Calleri. I did notice the stands were practicaly empty.
(By the way, it was fun to see the furriner shaking his head in disbelief.)

Was this such a low-key match? Are there that few visitors/locals watching?I I haven’t seen any filled up venues so far. Did they only sell out the start and the finish?

Now, we know many people were sold fake tickets. Could it be that most people bought fakes? Then, where are the real ones?

[quote=“Icon”]OK, here’s a silly question:

Last night I enjoyed watching the rerun of the tenist Lu’s match against Argentinian Calleri. I did notice the stands were practicaly empty.
(By the way, it was fun to see the furriner shaking his head in disbelief.)

Was this such a low-key match? Are there that few visitors/locals watching?I I haven’t seen any filled up venues so far. Did they only sell out the start and the finish?

Now, we know many people were sold fake tickets. Could it be that most people bought fakes? Then, where are the real ones?[/quote]Seems they are not turning up to the events they paid for for various reasons, so now they have fake spectators: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7555509.stm

[quote]http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/12/olympics2008.china1

I guess leave it up to a Movie director and this is what you get. The quest for perfection leaving behind ethics.

Was this right? Was it wrong? What do you think?[/quote]

I don’t know if it was right or not but if good looks and teeth are required at the London Games the Brits might be screwed! :smiley:

Next you’ll be telling me that those people weren’t actually flying.

Now imagine, could they fake the invasion of Taiwan?

[quote=“Taffy”]Please edit your link using the following code:

[url=http://example.com/reallylongurl]Shorter Link[/url]

so it doesn’t stretch everyone’s screens. The result will look like this: Shorter Link. Thanks![/quote]

I can’t figure it out, Taffy. I couldn’t get a result that worked.

[quote=“purple people eaters”]

I don’t know if it was right or not but if good looks and teeth are required at the London Games the Brits might be screwed! :smiley:[/quote]

Hmm. So… the Han races are generally reknowned for good teeth?

Not a nice story, is it? What does that teach the girl with the talent? What a shame for the poor kid.

I fought a nice fagel at the Olympic Fakery. with cream cheese. mmm.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080813/ap_ … nched_song

Welll China has a chance to rectify its mistake with the girl. Let the real singer sing in the closing ceremony . A chance to redeem itself here.

Even the Chinese people are miffed at this faux pas.

Seems the Chinese are so used to fakes of all kinds , that its now deemed normal to “bend the truth” .

Ethics have been glossed over.

Too bad nobody’s capable of passing judgement like this on the Chinese politburo…

[quote=“tommy525”]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080813/ap_on_re_as/oly_china_lip_synched_song

Ethics have been glossed over.[/quote]

Has that ever been an issue in China/Taiwan? :laughing:

Taking my own country as a base for this, I wonder how many relatives in the CCP Politburo the “prettier” girl has.