Being blamed by cram school for loss of business

Not your problem, just quit. The guilt trip is a common tactic used by the bosses who don’t feel guilty about screwing you.

I doubt it. But it is a bit of an ‘everyone knows everyone’ in each city kind if deal. I wouldn’t worry if you’re moving cities.

Taiwanese regulators don’t see their jib as regulating. The FSC is the same. You have to force the regulators to regulate but they will if you make them. Taiwan is a bit exhausting, you always have to fight for your rights and entitlements, it’s never given freely.

I’ve had contracts with illegal conditions that say ‘this has been prepared in accordance to ROC law blah blah. They’re counting on your ignorance. They also have no intention of meeting their part if the deal but will hold it against you so you meet yours.
I think the main reason for employers breaching the LSA is mostly because most of the workers here do not stand up for themselves. They don’t follow the LSA because no one is making them. The government doesn’t proactively follow up, in Australia Fairwork proactively looks for bosses breaching labour laws, this does not happen in Taiwan. And the workers don’t stand up for themselves enough. Those that do, get their moneys worth. I’m the only person at my workplace who has their pension paid correctly because I stood up for myself. I didn’t threaten them with legal action but dropped hints, threatened to quit and had job offers, and had slightly loud conversations about how it bothers me and is illegal. Taiwan is a game you need to play.

Nothing IMHO. I don’t have a Bachelors Degree mostly because I know I’m not an idiot and I also know that there will be no return on investment if I went and got one. Loss of full time wages for 2-3 years to end up with a job that pays less than I can get now, no thanks.

@LucidPower if I was you, I’d quit now. There’re jobs everywhere. My job is still looking for my replacement, in Miaoli City. They haven’t advertised but just complain about not being able to find anyone, standard Taiwanese thinking too.

Welcome to Forumosa :slight_smile:

1 Like