Best Italian Food Restaurant In Taipei?

I just moved to Taipei, I was wondering what the best Italian restaurant is? any suggestions?

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/best-italian-places-in-taipei/31783/1 here[/url]

Any good ones out there? My favorite used to be Bellini (I know, it’s a franchise from Japan), but on a recent visit after some years, they kind of went downhill.

DiVino Taipei

No. 15, Lane 71, Section 2, Anhe Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

1 Like

I really liked Il Mercato the one time I went there, a few years ago: Facebook link. Recommended by @Andrew0409 over in this thread.

I would go back, but the cheese was either too hard or too strong, and the pasta too tough, for my Taiwanese wife - someone who prefers mushy pasta and mild flavors.

1 Like

Never been, but I think Tutto Bello is the fanciest / most upscale Italian in Taipei. Out of my price bracket, though!! Bencotto at the Oriental is also popular.

Il Mercato is no longer around I think.

2 Likes

Oh. That would explain why I had trouble finding a menu when digging around their different websites. But they’ve got stuff on Uber Eats: not sure what’s going on with that.

I had a good meal at a Mano pizzeria & Italian kitchen 義舍廚房

1 Like

It changed into a kind of diner restaurant, I think.

It’s a shame it’s gone because the Dickus family loved it.

1 Like

I actually also liked it, the price was very reasonable imo. It’s not cheap, but good for the level of food they were serving. The kitchen really cared and I knew the staff well. Even the wine prices were rather reasonable for Taiwan prices and the quality of wine was actually good.

I think they expanded too quickly and tried to do much with many bakeries and pizza places.

2 Likes

I really liked this one, if you want something special and home-made. Not cheap, but also not super expensive. Very small place, very Italian, hard to describe special atmosphere:

安德睿 食代義廊 Andrea STYLE | MUSIC | CUISINE (Andreaitaly)
02 8792 8664

4 Likes

So how are your first 15 years going so far? Settled in yet?

1 Like

I went here once, I thought was good. Seafood & Steaks:
DA ANTONIO by 隨意鳥地方 民生店 : The price is moderate, depends on what you order and nice decor if you care about that. There is another place near, Tino’s Pizza which I liked but maybe it’s more for Taiwanese tastes (maybe, others who have been there can give reviews)

1 Like

Can I go slightly off-topic and ask the Taipei-ers here about Italian grocery stores in the capital? Like those that I used to find in HK or Singapore with a mix of packed (biscuits, pastas, sauces, etc.) and fresh (mozzarella, cheeses, hams, etc.) products. I live down South where the scene is… well… depressing.

Thanks on behalf of my stomach :yum:

Only the Bistro is left.
Try Fumo just a short walk up the street.

This place has authentic Italian goods, but the owners/staff are a little rude.
好食多有限公司 - Gusto Market of Taste Co. Ltd.
02 2518 0458

3 Likes

Looks awesome. Thanks! I will give it a try next time that I’m up North.

1 Like

@robi666 I agree about Fumo. @Aikaili and I went there once.

Not on google maps? A search kicks me to DiVino’s branch off Anhe Road.

Guy