Best Mexican Restaurant in Taiwan

Eddie has cinnamon rice horchata. Be good with some rum in it or something.

Eddy’s horchata is good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It’s good even without rum, but I think Sandman’s got a nice idea there. :smiley:

Eddy’s horchata is good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It’s good even without rum, but I think Sandman’s got a nice idea there. :smiley:[/quote]

Break out the 'Bu, amigos

Eddy’s horchata is good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It’s good even without rum, but I think Sandman’s got a nice idea there. :smiley:[/quote]

Break out the 'Bu, amigos
[/quote]
It’s official! The chief is in actual fact a bottle-blonde Essex girl with a bright orange fake tan and white patent high heel shoes.

I have had fish tacos in Ensenada, and I have to agree that it is some of the best Mexican food anywhere. I would go as far to say that there is no better place to have a fish taco than there. It was so good that I kept ordering way past the point of being too full. I don’t recall how many I had, but I do remember that it was too many.

As for local Mexican restaurants, Amy’s La Casita is decent. I have been there several times, and I will agree that it is not great but it is very decent. If you come somewhat regularly, they will remember you and make you feel like you have gone to your aunt’s house for dinner. So what that you get served by a 13-year old girl, that’s what it makes it family like. Mom is cooking, dad is mixing drinks and the daughter is serving plates.

As for their ingredients, I wasn’t happy with their guacamole, beens, sour cream, and cheese, but have you seen the prices in Taiwan of these products? Jason’s is selling California avocados for about NT$100 each, sour cream is about NT$200 for a small tub, and that’s for Daisy brand which is mediocre at the best. Most people are looking for cheap eats (especially in Taiwan), if they offered premium ingredients for premium price I would probably still go, but I bet many people wouldn’t. They either wouldn’t know the difference or wouldn’t want to spend big money. Of course in Mexico and SW USA one can find good Mexican for next to nothing, here one can have great Chinese variety of food for next to nothing. It is hard to find a good authentic food from halfway across the world for cheap anywhere.