Best New York Style Pizza in Taipei

Not true anymore. Not to say it’s the classic style

According to whom? As a born and bred New Yorker, I have never once seen a pizza made with sourdough in NYC.

Me. I am too, just came back from a nice visit. It’s a thing in some places in my pizza obsessed borough. So, not fair to say “any kind” anymore.

3 Likes

Not sure which borough you speak of, but I also went back this summer and still haven’t seen any sourdough pizza on a menu. In any case, to be more clear, I’m referring to traditional/classic style, not reinterpretations.

If we were talking about the classic style, I wouldn’t argue with you, I said as much. But reinterpretations are the order of the day now, a process that’s been happening for at least 20 years and is being fully embraced now. I was just pointing out that saying American pizza can’t possibly be made with sourdough isn’t true anymore–it’s being done.

I also said from the very beginning that sourdough is not the ‘standard’ base, meaning not the classic one, meaning not the one that people automatically associate with American pizza. Thanks for your input.

It can’t be anything but the standard base for sourdough pizza, which is now a kind of American pizza–it’s being done. Thanks for your input too! I’m looking forward to trying some slices from there.

Yeah, at least you got something useful out of this conversation. :clown_face:

1 Like

It certainly tastes better than the vast majority (maybe all) of the pizza I’ve had in New York, so if I had to pick I’d go with these rule breakers.

I agree it’s currently the best option here, but definitely not better than the reputable places in NYC.

1 Like

That would probably be a stretch! Looks good though. I have to check the new Big Boyz location too.

I’ve only tried the Chicago style pizza at Big Boyz, which was decent. Is their NY style pizza any good? I see praise for it in this thread, but the online photos never looked appealing to me…

I really like it. I think I might even get it occasionally if I was at home.

2 Likes

I feel like the quality has slipped lately, and price keeps going up. The Chicago style is solid though.

1 Like

I’m gonna give it a try this weekend. Hopefully my intuition based on the Google Maps photos is wrong. :sweat_smile:

Once again, I am back to the same four words: Pizza Has A Face.

Guy

It’s okay. Above average, but it ain’t all that.

My question. Maybe it needs its own thread. Aside from Love at First Bite, where can I get Chicago Style?

Wait. I see @bananas response. I need to go again

Their pizza is good, but not the best, and I don’t really like their menu options (weird topping combinations and limited amount of pizzas), so I’m basically just left with the Brooklyn.

Those are the only 2 that I know of here.