Best Pizza in Taipei

Any suggestions for Calabria style Pizza?

For Napoli style there are several decent ones already mentioned like Solo, Oggi, … Gusto and Zoca I’ll try.

Unfortunately, Fifteen is closed for a few years now. I’m still struggling to find anything as good that’s not either much more expensive or super far from Neihu.

Andrea that @ckw_64 mentioned is great, but prohibitively expensive.

i think its usually more than that if you order one. 500 - 600? something like that.

He seemed to think that that was cheaper than ordering a pizza for home. I find that surprising as even good pizza is usually cheaper than that.

That is even more confusing. That’s more expensive than in the US, and twice the price as not-crap local alternatives. Is one of the toppings meth?

check it out. the big pizzas are around $600.

yea its pretty steep. i didn’t factor in splitting the cost though. so the buffet might work out as the same cost. but with more choice.

i think the whole delivery thing is why people do it. seems like a fun night in or something. which might not be as appealing with food panda now a thing.

If you buy a large pizza for pick-up, you get two for the price of one (and a free bottle of soda).

Yeah, except the flavours they put out are usually the mutts, and they get real skimpy with the toppings.

ETA: My recollection of those things was the kids busing tables carrying huge piles of uneaten crusts to the trash, because it was alls you can scarf, people were just eating the toppings part and then getting more. Pretty wasteful, really

1 Like

There is no such thing as a ‘best pizza’ in Taipei.

True this.

1 Like

It’s highly unlikely that they are all of equal quality. I assume you mean there is no such thing as a good pizza in Taipei?

I’m going for the 89NT$ pizza in Carrefour, hand made and on a scale of crappiness, I give it a 4 out of 10, goes up to 6 with a bit of additional extras.

For reference I’d give Dominos and Pizza Hut a 6.

You can’t start a Crappiness scale without going to Costco’s, come on, get on it boy!

ETA: Bonus points for at least having a legit Large, one hopes

Well, well, Costco get a 5, Carrefour actual pizza I never ate it looks like a 0.5. But somewhere in their frozen section is a 89$ little pizza, which serves one. It’s ok, I wouldd accept it might be a 3 but I would push back at 2.

edit/ Ok Costco maybe a 4 and there is a case for a 3.

There should be a thread for Best Crappy Pizza in Taipei

1 Like

I found a small shop that sells baking supplies, and also some frozen pizza crust. Add Some sauce, cheese, anchovies (found at Costco) and green peppers. Not bad for home made.

1 Like

I don’t accept a world in which Pizza Hut pizza gets rated better than Costco’s. Taiwan’s Costco is certainly worse (not the least because of the toppings), but Taiwan Pizza Hut looks like a Japanese seafood and mayonaise salad threw up on it.

2 Likes

I thought that was this thread.

You the one that was all up in that New York style deal, yeah?

At the risk of being obvious, you do know why nobody here makes New York style pizza, right?

It was close, although on reflection if I am doing the bang for buck thing, I’m with you.

Yes.

1 Like