Best Pizza in Taipei

it is not, just avoid Pizza Hut. I find dominos here barely edible, I consider Pizza Hut not edible and safe for human consumption, wherever it is.

2 Likes

Really? You prefer Dominos over Pizza Hut? I had Dominos once when I was 12, and never went back. It tasted like cardboard.

At least Pizza Hut has deep fried dough. Who wouldn’t prefer deep fried bread over cardboard?

(Of course I would go for Pizza Rock if those were the three options.)

Pizza o Catalonia Coca now in keelung
Similar to that picture

2 Likes

I take this back. I got lunch there today. Getting one of the worst diarrhea of my life right now. I guess there’s a reason it’s priced so low… Never going again :sob:

WHAT?! Are you saying this after having the Pizza Hut buffet (of sadness) by Sun Yat Sen Memorial (Taipei) or not yet having it?

Pizza Hut buffet in Kaohsiung, actually. Before it closed, sadly.

Yeah, if it can make Indian vegetarians sick, I’m not sure I’ll be going there. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@DunderMifflin as you know I am so sorry to hear this. I very much hope you’re doing better today.

Guy

1 Like

I’ve heard this is called Delhi Belly. So that means the food is authentic? (sorry for tasteless joke, get well soon)

I went here already, it was delicious to me.

sorry to hear, didn’t have any issues when I went

1 Like

Thanks guys I feel a bit better today after taking an Imodium. My first visit was pleasant and didn’t cause any issues. But after yesterday I’m really skeptic about their food freshness and hygiene. Some of their items are insanely low priced as well for them to be making any kind of profit (e.g. Pav Bhaji for 90 NT)

2 Likes

take care mate!

1 Like

Another anti-pizza racism day, went for an american (NY) style slice.

The Slice Shop
02 2732 6682

Sourdough pizza, the dough was decent indeed, the tomato sauce not too strong (so not too garlicky-oregany) and the cheese was ok. Got a basic cheese slice, 110NT. Price is ok.

However, no real dine-in since there r only 2 small standing tables outside, so if too hot/cold/raining not an option, and I don’t like takeaway since the pizza spoils during the trip.

Would go back, the product is good, but difficult to enjoy given the weather here.

4 Likes

I swung by Solo Pizza this evening, interested in trying one of their pies again after spending time sampling other reasonably priced Napoletana pizzas at at Banco on Bade Road and at Gino Pizza in Xinzhuang.

Steps from Yuanshan MRT Station, Solo filled up quickly after the shop opened at 5:30 pm for dinner. I ordered the margherita extra with buffalo mozzarela (NT$298; the regular margherita is NT$198), and a small side of sun-dried tomatos with olive oil, which I used to dress the pizza to make it wetter. It was good, really good, better than I remembered. Either these guys have improved, or my tastes have changed. Either way, I’d go back in a flash, especially as it’s possible to pair a pizza dinner with a nice walk around the Yuanshan Flower Expo grounds afterwards. A great night!

Guy

3 Likes

Happy u followed my suggestion, next time try the calzone. Amazing imho.

1 Like

By the way, I was told by some southern Italian friends that they do indeed cook with garlic there. Not just in a few regional dishes, but also in common dishes like spaghetti.

You mentioned before how American Italian dishes are garlic-heavy. Most Italian immigrants to the US were from southern Italy so I guess that makes sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the garlic flavor is generally heavier in the US though. They do like their garlic there.

They do use more garlic than us notherners, still far less than in the italo-american cuisine

1 Like

Been watching this guy’s cooking, I think he might be from Ischia (where my grandmother is from) or Naples anyway. He seems to use some. I want to make some of his recipes

I’d be surprised if Italians don’t use quite a lot of garlic. In Spain is a very important ingredient. Base of many traditional recipes.

Apparently it’s rarely used in northern Italy.

In the US, if you don’t put garlic in Italian food, people will say it tastes too similar to American food.