Best Pizza in Taipei

That just looks sad. Sorry pizza rock I won’t be giving you guys a go.

Only the beers r good, pizza was underwhelming. Not bad, just not justifying the price and hype

had the 22" 4 variety pizza from here.

Did you order from the Nangang branch? The Xinzhuang branch? Or the Hsinchu branch?

And: even more crucially, what’s your assessment? This is not the “pizza in Taipei” thread, it’s the BEST PIZZA IN TAIPEI thread. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

This place reminded me of Costco pizza. Not my style and wasn’t impressed

1 Like

Yes, and yes. Sorry, no idea which branch. it was a work thing and.it was ordered, not my doing. I assume whichever is closest to the 101 as we were near there.

It was pizza, I agree with the assessment of costco esque, but still better than costco.

And my apologies @afterspivak. noted! I had pizza at 5 different places, another was the best this trip. I would say a solid 5/10. the other 4 places were not with a mention. And it seems I guess I should if shut my mouth on this one too haha :hugs:

So it is likely Jim’s Pizza Nangang under review.

:rofl:

Guy

If anyone doesn’t like naples style pizza, then they have to try here:

Osteria Rialto
02 2778 1536

Nice round romana style pizza. Crispy and thin. The steak is also among the best Italian style steaks I had here (i.e. lean mean, we want to taste the beast, not its fat).

3 Likes

The revamp they did around 2012 made it a lot better (in the united states) in Taiwan it’s really awful pizza

Very solid pie in Wanhua, incredible gem. Not thick dough and crust, but still Naples style (a bit older ways), price is on point with the quality of ingredients, seems the guy was working at solo pizza before (in JP, not the YuanShan shop).

Quite puzzled on why only Andrea Style in Neihu got mentioned for 50 top pizza in Asia while so many nice and easier to access joints are flourishing in town.

5 Likes

Among the local masters, I’d personally put Zoca pretty much at the top.

Amazing though to see so many other choices popping up. That Wanhua place looks very interesting indeed. And it’s in Wanhua!!

Guy

2 Likes

Cura been on my list to go to for a while, shame it’s deep into Mordor

1 Like

Yes when I looked at the location on google maps I gasped at how deep into Wanhua this place is (it’s an approximately 18 minute walk from Longshan Temple MRT, the nearest MRT access point). If this pizza shop can make it there, I may need to adjust my stereotypes about that part of town!

Guy

1 Like

@afterspivak 15 min at good pace from Wanhua TRA station. In the dead of the small streets, impossible to even park a scooter and closest bus to anywhere convenient is like 8 mins walk at the very least.

Then the works for the mrt in the middle of wanda rd don’t help. (But most welcome ofc)

It’s worth for a visit on purpose though, like a day trip

1 Like

Will the new MRT line land closer to this shop? Without it, that part of town remains a bit of a black hole to outsiders like me.

I wonder if this shop can survive at that location with these limits . . .

Guy

It was full at 12pm, I got a walk-in solo seat at a shared table.

Biz is good it seems, but this was my second visit to the place after the first was botched since the shop was closed even though everywhere (even their website) said open. No sign even on the door, it was quite disappointing. But anything would I do for a good pizza!

2 Likes

I suppose if I’m able to travel to Xinzhuang for a pizza, I could also make my way here. I look forward to giving it a try.

Guy

1 Like

Been there a few years already

1 Like

Think the new stops have potential to expand good places in the city, considering dong qu is now dead and Ximen is pricing out normal restaurant and retailer

Ximen is, generally speaking, a bad eating area.

Despite its current challenges, the East District (aka Dongqu) remains an excellent eating area, with what I view as the best Chinese food options in the city, especially around Yanji Street.

I agree that the western edges of Taipei City, long neglected, have a lot of future potential.

Guy

1 Like