Best Pizza in Taipei

Aunt Su’s is wildly popular

Taipeiers are very fond of it. It’s an institution.

Wouldn’t eat there though

2 Likes

Exactly.

They do not need @Mataiou 's or my patronage.

Guy

1 Like

I remember way back in the day Filipinos liked going there on the weekend.

2 Likes

Yup. That was pizza before pizza turned the corner in this town.

Now the range of excellent affordable choices is remarkable.

Guy

1 Like

They have to be paying a fair bit of rent in that location

Yeah Taipei is a fine food city these days.

2 Likes

Locals go to eat fried chicken

Lol, so has anyone else tried Su Ayi pizza? The google reviews are really positive. But it looks god awful.

@OrangeOrganics
I think 500+ is too much for a Taiwanese owned pizza place imo, and most of their pizzas that sound good are over 500. I know I’m going to be let down by something. So if I have to pay that much I’d rather just pay for the real deal.

Well you won’t be let down. It’s great stuff at a fair price, way better than a lot of the European owned places

Su ayi still looks better than alleycats stupid crispy biscuit pizza though.

Alleycats is shit and expensive

2 Likes

I didn’t go, but my sister-in-law brought home a pizza from there. I can’t even call that chicago deep dish, I dunno what’s that, but for sure not pizza and barely edible. Very bad imho.

The chicken was good indeed, best part of the meal.

2 Likes

Honestly it looks like I imagine leprosy to feel

But they make bank.

Probably how Chinese feel about Chinese food in the West

2 Likes

Yeah, the local chain Napoli Pizza is also famous for its fried chicken. They have some Napoli shops that only sell fried chicken.

It makes sense, with the city of Naples being one of the globally renowned hotspots for fried chicken.

2 Likes

I still remember the fried chicken I had on the ferry to Ischia. Wait it was actually a sfogliadella

3 Likes

*sfogliatella.

Only very famous thing which is fried from Naples is the pizza. But abroad very few know about it, so there we r with Naples famous fried chicken (u poll fritt)…

3 Likes

Up there with Piedmont Sloppy Joes

Went here today. Within walking distance of my house, If there’s a better pizza in sanchong I would be surprised. I got a white pizza with some hot dog looking things, it was pretty good. a bit on the small side possibly but I could eat here regularly.

I was thinking of getting a margherita and fries and putting the fries on top as a sort of pizza chip butty, but I didn’t have the balls. Maybe next time.

1 Like

I’m not sure about Gino’s being “the best” of anything—but their price point sure is nice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Gino’s was ok

2 Likes