Best Pizza in Taipei

This place have been around since 2009. I try the margherita pizza and it was really good. 240 nt 10 inch pizza.

2 Likes

Will investigate soon

1 Like

In the meantime I visited this joint

For whomever likes American style pizza, this is good. Still prefer my Italian pies though!

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Pizza that is not in Taiwan

I’ve been there, its velly gooda!

I finally checked out gusto yesterday. The dough was super good. The topping was decent enough, not as flavorful as I would have liked but I would go there again. It was the right size and feel, not too small like some places in Taipei. The staff were good too.

1 Like

Top 3 in Taipei for me:

1. Pizza Has a Face
  2. Pizza Si
  3. Gira Pizza

I don’t think I could truly love anyone whose favorite Pizza is Alleycats

4 Likes

Happy u like pizza si, prefer slice shop to pizza has a face as american pizza.

Gira pizza is good indeed

Pizza Has a Face has a Slice Shop as well, behind Syntrend, under Civic & Xinsheng overpass

Never been so cant tell u if good.

1 Like

I was very happy first two visits but not totally pleased when I went back last Saturday.

Now that is a useful tip.

Guy

I had a subpar pizza there around two or three weeks ago. It turns out they had sold lots of pizzas the day before, so—according to the chef, after I commented on the lower quality that day—they did not let the dough rise for two days as per their usual procedure but instead made new pizzas with fresher (therefore less complex tasting) dough.

I hope they do not keep making a habit of this. :neutral_face:

Guy

Yeah ?

Going downhill?

Well, it was just one visit, but 2 with AS I guess. I didn’t see the guy who was playing Motorhead from when I had been before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s gotta be the Motorhead . . . :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

I walked in there and walked out again. 1. Turned off by the hipster vibe(and dumb chinglish name), 2. turned off by the prices.

For those prices you gotta be the real deal.

Went only once, liked the beer selection, pizza was ok, nothing exceptional.

It’s not expensive though. Their marinara is 250 and the beers are reasonable

You should have given it a proper chance, best pizza in Taipei

1 Like

What I really want to know is when you are going to review this place?
Aunt Su’s Pizza House - Google Maps
It looks like a classic, not changed since the 80’s. I’d like to try it for a laugh but the prices again take the piss so I won’t be doing that.

@Mataiou is a valued member of our community who has made great sacrifices to advance our collective knowledge of pizza in Taipei. Please do not abuse him in this way! lol

Guy

How much do you usually pay for pizza?