Best restaurant in Tienmu?

hey I was just wondering what are the places casual/classy restaurants for dinner in Tienmu? i’ve tried Cafe onion which i thought was pretty good but anyone got any better ideas?

western only?

a new entrant that was pretty good other day is the sri lankan place in tienmu w rd. lane 13, next to the knife-cut noodles place. not exactly cheap, and not stunning, though it was my first experience with that cuisine and not really sure what to expect. was wondering if tastes had been watered down or not. it was a nice change from the usual indian though. sri lankan guys cooking. i might go back.

I’m fond of the Cafe Excellent, which is near the police station at the top circle on Zhongshan North Road.

No. 6-1, Lane 190, Zhongshan North Road Sec. 7
Tel. 2872-6076

Most entrees are about NT$180. But to make one of those into a set meal – recommended (try the ranch dressing if you get a salad) – add NT$120. Then there’s a 10 percent service charge (not listed on the menu). So figure on NT$330 per person.

The food is Western vegetarian. But if you’re not a vegetarian don’t let that put you off. This is good stuff. My favorite is the quesadillas. The daily specials are also often worth trying. And they have breakfasts, too.

Now if only that guy on the wait staff would get a clue about refilling water glasses, clearing plates, etc.

if entrees are $180, how much is a main course?

Language gap - North Americans (of which cranky laowai is one) refer to the main course as an “entree”, whereas for Commonwealth folks it is a separate dish that comes before the main course.