Best steak in Greater Taipei for less than 1000NTD

Oh yeah - best steak in Greater Taipei for less than 400NTD - the Green Hornet near Bitan.

:lick: :thumbsup:

I go to Costco and get some top sirloin, get my pan really really hot, sear it, flip it, butter it, salt it and flip it and repeat. That sumbitch is good. :thumbsup:

except Costco doesnā€™t have American Beef anymoreā€¦

If youā€™re drunk, Aussie beef isnā€™t too bad! :laughing:

What about the best steak without a price tag? A - Cut in the Ambassador or 168 at the Victoria hotel or somewhere else?

A Cut and Ruthā€™s Chris, for me.

Toscana in the Sherwood hotel. Thick cut, dry-aged USDA Prime steaks. Distinct, nutty, bursting with flavor. Too bad the service is HORRENDOUS. Bringing two menus for 6 people and then having to stand up and remind them 5 minutes later that weā€™d like 4 more menus? 20 minutes for water? 25 minutees to take our order? 3 soups come and the other 3 donā€™t come? Iā€™m a really mellow guy, but at this point Iā€™m putting my hands in the air, and waving like I just donā€™t care. After 10 minutes I get back up to notify the head waiter about the soup, and she asks ā€œwould you guys like to order dinner now?ā€ Getting up a third time to ask for the check? Extremely busy I can understand, but on a Tuesday night where itā€™s 1/4 full and 5 wait staff, itā€™s perplexing, especially for the price youā€™re paying. Great steaks, but the (lack of) service keeps me from being a repeat customer.
/end rantā€¦

on the subject of steak, is the Seahorn 99 a new one for him or her??!!

There wouldnā€™t happen to be an aggregated list or matrix ranking somewhere best to worst, expensive to cheap ?

Would be great to see something like thatā€¦ :ponder:

DS

I am a fan of 168 Prime and itā€™s multiple salts on the table. Good cuts and the prices arenā€™t so bad for a good steak, they even have a wagu option. I havenā€™t been the Ruth Chris yet in Taipei as I like 168 Prime and am quick to get in ruts, but every Ruth Chris I have been to has been very good and had excellent wine selections. Either way, you canā€™t go wrong.

As for cheap beef in Taiwan, I recommend ordering chicken or pork, because it isnā€™t going to happen with any kind of quality until US beef stocks the shelves in sufficient quantities. Sorry, but to do it right, look to spend 2,400NT or more unless you go the Costco route and settle for Aussie beef.

Just really good steak prepared the way you want it and they have a special for nt650 includes sides. They know how to cook, and itā€™s good quality meat. I was really stunned because itā€™s not always easy to find either or both of those in Taiwan.

Jack Brothers Steakhouse Taipei, 傑克兄弟ē‰›ęŽ’é¤Øč‡ŗ北äæ”ē¾©åŗ— No. 7號, Section 2, Keelung Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei
https://maps.app.goo.gl/htcDWEQucAV9QjcP9

3 Likes

Perfect method. I like them cooked to about 60C and the resting time is critical for a juicy steak.

I had their flat iron steak and thought it was meh. Itā€™s basically a glorified TGI Fridays. The truffle risotto was surprisingly good though.

I would never even consider a steak at TGI Friday and would consider American everything-goes chains to be whole other levels below Jakes. The $650 Steak I had was as good or better than some of the high-dollar popular steak places that charge triple the price.

1 Like

What was the 650NT special? I tried this place over the weekend and perhaps my expectations were whipped up too high: itā€™s better than Fridays but tops out around Outback.

At that price point (the ribeye at Jack Bros was 980NT), Iā€™d rather go to Le Blanc Taipei. Better cooking and overall experience.