Better options than the iPhone?

madness , hands up who pays that much ?

1 Like

Whoever buys the phone without a company account.

https://shop.samsung.com/tw/event-mobile-s10/

With that kind of money you should just get an iPhone.

I do realize it is widely popular, but I do not like it. The accouterments cost an eye and a leg and if it is suffers any accident it is too expensive to fix. Plus not safe software. And Guo. Just nope, for me.

Anyways, 30k -or a 52k version, imagine that- for Samsung is also nope, no.

1 Like

Yep, on point.

2 Likes

This just popped up on my feed. Bad Apple

Almost got the LG G8. Looked great on paper until I compared its specs with the medium price range of Samsung, the A50, for instance. More or less the same.

I am still looking for a sleek phone like my old Asus, metal case. Just read another article lamenting the passing of the Padfone. Sigh.

I am trying to decide whether almost 20k for the Asus Zenfone 6 is OK, or go higher for high end Samsung. Or lower. At this moment, I have no idea.

Google is out of the running. They have Pixel 4 at a reasonable price but so far I have read too many cons. Battery life is a no no.

Anyways buying a new phone now depends on the cat’s sickness. Think as things stand I may just but a new battery and push on.

Look at this:

1 Like

I just saw this too. Looks Awesome!

price?
happened so quickly, but that’s a Motorola, right

Yes & the video looks nice, but the initial previews do say that the battery life will probably not be good given the multiple screens and low battery capacity. Also it appears to have a lower spec CPU, 6GB of ram, and a single 16MP camera (Motorola phones were never good at cameras). & It will only be available on Verizon in the US, at least initially.

The only thing interesting about this phone is the flexible screen. Most phones announced with flexible screens cost (or will cost) >US1000$.

This one is set to launch at US1500$.

dang.
1500 for one camera and low🔋 life and memory.
give it a few years until sub-500 and 2-3 cameras

Wow. look at what’s coming from ASUS>

1 Like

Kind of odd they’re advertising a phone but the size of the letters on the screen are almost too small to read on a phone.

And the music is less than stimulating. I think they’re advertising department needs some upgrade.

It’s not an ad, just someone’s YT thing

Eh I should have mentioned it is a «leak». The interesting thing is if this is what ASUS will follow up the really good Zenfone 6, then the other brands will also bring cool stuff. ASUS has had standard LED screens so far, moving to 4k OLED is a biggie.

My wife and I are currently having it out about this. She wants an iphone 11 and I can’t see paying that much for a phone that isn’t really that much different from one you can get for a couple hundred bucks. That still has a %$% head phone jack.

1 Like

Gf went through the same dilemma and kept comparing one with the other. Nowadays, there’s no perfect phone on the market. Things like, you get battery life, but you don’t get a good camera and vice versa. After switching to Pixel, I would not use any other Android phone…except maybe the OnePlus, which you should consider.

Something that can withstand the beach and all its elements? Try an action camera or a waterproof brick of a case for your new phone.

1 Like

I wish there was a company let lets you customize the phone’s hardware.

Surely there’s a market for this?

2 Likes

Sure, if you want phones to be the size of a brick.

When every mm counts, and every grams of weight counts, it leaves no room for customization. This is also why you don’t get laptops with customizable hardware. It’s also why all the smaller tablets/laptops have everything soldered in and is not upgradable in any way at all.

1 Like