Better options than the iPhone?

I took a selfie with my cat in a corner with better lighting, and that one has a lot less noise.

I have actually never tried night mode on the front facing on my phone.

Gotta try it out. See how it holds against the newer competition.

Off-topic: if you had a speckled cat, would you have named it Bubbletea? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely. All my cats will be named after drinks I can no longer have.

Ok my phone is dead. I need to go out tomorrow and swipe my credit card to buy a new one.:woozy_face:

I was thinking ASUS Zenfone 6, the one with the funny flip camera. It is the cheapest 15k. :cry:

My dream of a Pixel is gone…at 25k…:skull_and_crossbones:

What happened to the 5k phones?!

2nd hand market?

Do you dare? Do you feel lucky?

I think from a reputable vendor it’s not an issue. Although i suspect they’re actually hard to find 2nd hand. Most only buy and sell iPhones.

How did you get hold of the Zenfone 6? Went to Chunghwa and they said it was sold out as it was limited production. That is for the 256 memory model. :sob:

https://www.sogi.com.tw/prices/asus_zenfone_6_zs630kl/14837

I’ve used this site (one of the better Chinese ones) to see what outlets had the phone I bought last year.
That link shows outlets (Taipei City; change default for other areas) with phone #s. Call them up to confirm if stock in.

Thanks for the link, though I won´t get my hopes up. Oh the 128 that even Chunghwa has it, but I think 256 is required…but hard to find.

128GB is fine for a phone, imho.
You have a 1TB or greater USB hard-drive?
Just dump your pics/videos into it whenever 5% or less space is available on the phone.

Xiaomi has some in that range, I think.

Eh I work for the government. No Xiaomi, Oppo and especially Huawei. Thank you.

Everyone in my office has iPhone, except one Samsung 10, one Asus and a lonely Oppo holdout.

I pre-ordered at a local ASUS store and then waited for a month for mine.

I think I could get my old one to last one month but I wouldn´t bet on it.

Did you get the 128 or the 256?

I also need a fast /can handle low light camera for cat pics.

The Mi shop at Xinyi has phones for NT$3999. Don’t know about the quality or capability.

Can walk through the phone company stores beside just to get an idea of availability.

Mi Home
No. 20號, Songshou Road, Xinyi District
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6RSvmkzfaLib7WXE8

It’s not bad. I do not like having to make a choice between a 20k or a 30k phone, that’s all.

Damn, I am going to miss the exchangeable battery in my current one.

Friend has a Xiao Mi and it operates fine, but the camera on it just doesn’t compare to other flagship phones. Which I think is a given with that price tag.

Any one out there using the Pixel 3? I’m on the hunt for an upgrade from my Pixel 2 and I haven’t heard amazing things about the Pixel 3 and still think that the Pixel 2 is the more solid unit. So I might just buy the 2 XL.

OK, so the best camera options being the Google 3 or Samsung 10, both at 30k, I am thinking the next best option for me is buying the ASUS 6 and a proper camera like the Olympus TG 6 -all weather, no more worries about snow or sand or rain hitting the lens- each at around 15k. So I will spend the same but not in a single item. I do not want to ruin yet another cellphone that can´t handle extreme weather conditions -ie, Taiwan´s beaches in summer.