Better options than the iPhone?

I bit the bullet and got a OnePlus. So far so good. Love the dual SIM.

1 Like

I have the Zenfone 5 - no issues for three years. Bought a backup Vivo Y91C this week - simple and cheap.

Both solid phones.

Dunno why I bought the Vivo - was bored and it cost NTD4000. Came with a case and screen cover, and charger.

I put a 64GB SD in the Asus and a 32GB SD in the Vivo.

Let’s hope they last a while.

OnePlus 6 is pissing me off. Overheating crappy battery and random notification noise when I can’t find a notification or system issue. Apparently no one else can either. I’m giving it to my daughter. Camera is wonderful. Dual SIM is fantastic. Overall rating 3⭐

bought in Taiwan and used in Taiwan, or bought in Taiwan and used in a western country?

bought in US, used in tw

Even the free mid range phones you can get when you renew your contact are great for every use unless you really want to play the most demanding mobile games or are super picky about cellphone photography.

I have no idea why anyone on a budget would pay anything for a phone, but just about every sheeple out there still does. Then they complain they only earn 40K/mo and have no savings. Fools…

Just got my new Zenfone 6. Love the full screen. Definitely one of the best looking phones out there today. Been using it the whole day, and the battery’s at 87%. I just might get 2 days out of this one.

1 Like

Does it have duel SIM card slots?

Dual sim card plus SD card. You can have all three, instead of only getting one SIM slot if you have an SD card.

https://www.xfastest.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229183&cp=3

1 Like

it should.
i got a free Zenfone 4 or 5 last year when CHT had me upgrade my 3G SIM card to 4G.
It’s dual SIM

1 Like

That is pretty fantastic. It really annoys me I’m paying so much for an iPhone and it doesn’t even have dual sim. You’d think people who can pay that much is also the market of people travel and work with a need for that function.

I got the silver edition, which is why I had to wait so long to get my phone.

1 Like

How’s the selfie camera?

It’s great. I’ll test out it’s night mode when I walk my cats tonight. Hopefully it will turn out well.

I really dig the automatic panoramic mode, which should come in handy in future trips.

You really could point your camera one way and take a photo the other way. Not really useful to me except for pranking my coworkers, but people might find it useful in… say… Japan.

The battery life is huge! I’m a big fan of Asus.

I drove to Taichung and back today (2 hours each way), using GPS navigation the whole time, listened to streaming music, and didn’t charge the phone through out. When I got there I still had 82% battery. It’s now been 17.5 hrs, with near continuous usage, I still have 24% left. Oh, and I watched about 30 minutes of Netflix as well.

1 Like

You can get the dual sim iPhone in China, Hong Kong, or Macau.

P_20190715_214407

Not sure if this is the best zenfone6 can do. It’s in an extremely low light environment, just the way my cat likes it. You can tell by the size of Milktea’s pupils that it’s really dark all around. All the background buildings looks fine. My cat looks a little blurry, but cats move so… it’s kinda hard to fault zenfone6 for that.

1 Like

It’s ok but your cat looks like a large speckled Stone ? :wink:oh wait …

Battery life could be due to a brand new battery? When I got my Pixel 2, it could go half a day on navi or streaming vids and still be 85% plus. Not so much anymore after a year, as it’ll hit 85% after an 1.5-2hrs. IMO, still good, but not perfect.

My Pixel 2 “Night Mode”

IMG_20190614_220410

Taken at SYS Memorial Hall.

1 Like